The Student Room Group

How much money should i have saved before i move out?

In london and probably will have a flatmate
Reply 1
Original post by Amourrose

You'll NEED enough for a deposit (and admin fees), plus the first month's rent in advance.
You'll obviously also need a job that pays enough to pass the credit checks for the flat - something like an income 3 times the rent, on either a permanent contract or a length of term much longer than you are looking to rent.

Ideally enough to live on for 3 months is considered wise savings.
Original post by 2500_2
You'll NEED enough for a deposit (and admin fees), plus the first month's rent in advance.
You'll obviously also need a job that pays enough to pass the credit checks for the flat - something like an income 3 times the rent, on either a permanent contract or a length of term much longer than you are looking to rent.

Ideally enough to live on for 3 months is considered wise savings.

Thank you. alot of the times they ask for references but i have never lived on my own so what should i do instesd.
Before all you need to have an emergency fund that you're not going to be touching except in an actual unplanned emergency. Emergency loans https://maybeloan.com/installment-loans. This should be 3-6 months 5-6k) worth of necessary expenses, give or take depending on your situation.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Amourrose

There's no set amount. But you will need enough to live comfortably.
Save up enough to pay a deposit on a flat. And also an emergency fund for any unexpected expenses or emergencies. But don't spend it unless you have to. Usually save up at least 3 or 4 months expenses if possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending