The Student Room Group

Why do some courses require lower grades at uni?

Is it because the course is not popular? There isn’t much scope? People don’t bother applying for it so they’ll take anyone?
as ecolier said, some unis need you more than you need them. it depends who's popular, who's reputation speaks for itself, etc. :yep:
Original post by parmezanne
as ecolier said, some unis need you more than you need them. it depends who's popular, who's reputation speaks for itself, etc. :yep:

So if I a course I’m applying to requires B’s and C’s at most the unis does that mean it’s a bad course?
Original post by Anonymously.y
So if I a course I’m applying to requires B’s and C’s at most the unis does that mean it’s a bad course?

no - it might be lots of things. It might not be a competitive course, it might be a uni that needs students more than students need them etc.

I'm not an expert on the ins and outs of it :yep:
no - it might be lots of things. It might not be a competitive course, it might be a uni that needs students more than students need them etc.

I'm not an expert on the ins and outs of it :yep:

Ah okay, I’m applying for a course that requires BCC but I’m worried that it’s really unpopular and doesn’t have much of a future. The uni said about 20 students at most study the course each year
Ah okay, I’m applying for a course that requires BCC but I’m worried that it’s really unpopular and doesn’t have much of a future. The uni said about 20 students at most study the course each year

Which course are you applying for? 20 students does seem quite low...
Original post by 5hyl33n
Which course are you applying for? 20 students does seem quite low...

Pharmaceutical science

The low number isn't always a bad thing. I study History and Sociology and I'd say only around 20 students do it at my uni. Plus, there is an extremely limited range of unis that even do the course.

Perhaps you could find some recommendations from students the year before you?
The low number isn't always a bad thing. I study History and Sociology and I'd say only around 20 students do it at my uni. Plus, there is an extremely limited range of unis that even do the course.

Perhaps you could find some recommendations from students the year before you?

Yeh I’ve tried to do that, I just can’t come across anyone who does the course
Reply 9
Which university as daughter is in her 1st year of a Pharamceutical Science degree and loving it. Intake for her year is around 30.
Original post by JAHL2
Which university as daughter is in her 1st year of a Pharamceutical Science degree and loving it. Intake for her year is around 30.

I’m considering to firm greenwich but I got an unconditional from ARU

Quick Reply

Latest