The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go to uni on only 2 a levels

Pretty much i'm in year 12 and i've had to drop one of my subjects because of struggling mental health. My school have allowed me to do this, but said that it would be almost impossible to get into uni after school. I'm predicted 2 A's though, have really good GCSEs and i've done a lot of other things such as volunteering, international work experience etc etc. Pretty much i've just had an awful year (thx covid) and want to sort myself out before stressing about school and uni. Providing i get my 2 A's (which i'm confident i will, as they're subjects i enjoy and am good at) and sort my mental health out over the next 2 years, would it be possible to get into uni on these things (possibly on UCAS points idk)? If things don't go to plan i'm thinking about resitting my other a level after sixth form and going to uni later, but i'd rather not do this tbh. Thanks in advance.
Original post by crowley4
Pretty much i'm in year 12 and i've had to drop one of my subjects because of struggling mental health. My school have allowed me to do this, but said that it would be almost impossible to get into uni after school. I'm predicted 2 A's though, have really good GCSEs and i've done a lot of other things such as volunteering, international work experience etc etc. Pretty much i've just had an awful year (thx covid) and want to sort myself out before stressing about school and uni. Providing i get my 2 A's (which i'm confident i will, as they're subjects i enjoy and am good at) and sort my mental health out over the next 2 years, would it be possible to get into uni on these things (possibly on UCAS points idk)? If things don't go to plan i'm thinking about resitting my other a level after sixth form and going to uni later, but i'd rather not do this tbh. Thanks in advance.

Why would you want to? Uni is much harder than school. Realistically, no university worth paying for/getting in to debt for will take you with 2 A levels. Have you considered taking a year out now, getting your health back on track and taking 3 A levels in a year or two?
You might be able to get in a Foundation course at a lower level Uni, but as above, a far better pathway would be to repeat a year and get the qualifications you need for a good degree course.
Original post by crowley4

What do you want to study at university?
It may be possible, but given that you have sturggled at A-Level, is it wise for your mental health to do a degree, as it's a lot more work and you are expected to be a lot more independent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending