The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*anon*
anyone???? ive still not found anyone and beginning to worry that i will be on my own!
message me! :smile:
x

I'm D11
University of York
York
I'm in E, so my block might be neighbouring yours!
Reply 3
lol, i feel sorry for u people ending up with st lawrence
jokesbre
lol, i feel sorry for u people ending up with st lawrence

Shhhh, don't say that. :shifty:

What's so bad about it, anyhoo?
Reply 5
u'll see when you get there. they don't call it the ghetto of halifax for nothing lol
You can't just say that we'll see when we get there. :frown: You big tease, you...
Reply 7
Ziggy_Stardust
You can't just say that we'll see when we get there. :frown: You big tease, you...

lol, well its old, very old, no ensuite, tiny rooms, and far from campus. admittedly great spirit there tho, and ur next to a computer room...
Ah, that sounds bearable. I'm sure I'll be able to convince myself that it's retro, cheaper and cosy! :smile: And walking is good.
Reply 9
Ziggy_Stardust
Ah, that sounds bearable. I'm sure I'll be able to convince myself that it's retro, cheaper and cosy! :smile: And walking is good.

ye walking from halifax is annoying, but it must be worse from shoddy accomadation. I also feel sorry for u that the bar JJs is now closed, as is the shop, costcutters, which was very handy. however, on the plus side, heslington village isnt far, which includes 2 pubs and several banks and a lovely shop which does great sandwiches.
Reply 10
St. Lawrence does have good kitchens though. Proper gas cookers instead of the Baby Bellings they plant everywhere else. And the rooms aren't any smaller than the majority of other rooms on campus.
Reply 11
And really, being close to Browns in Heslington should be regarded as the best benefit in the entire world. *dribbles*
I'm in Block C, and not really looking forward to it :frown:
Reply 13
ChrisTheRockGod
I'm in Block C, and not really looking forward to it :frown:

Oh it's fine. Rooms are there to be decorated anyway so it reaaaaally doesn't matter. If you care enough, you can make it look nice. It's the people you live with that matter anyway. Halifax has a really lovely spirit, loads of grassy areas to sit on and a outdoor bbq. And it's close to Browns.
Reply 14
Reserve judgement until you get there, I say. There's really no sense in worrying. People worry far too much, I blame A-levels...
Reply 15
Hey people, i went to visit yesterday (house H which is just the same i think) and it seemed fine to me... ive got some pictures of our house from the outside but il load them up later... The kitchen looked newly done with proper facillities and your own cupboard with your room number but the corridoor/stair space is quite small and narrow. I thought the room was average size with a simple sink and bed. The room i saw had a new chair and lamp and curtains though... and there is a quite big book shelf with drawers and on the otherside there is a wardrobe kinda thing to put clothes etc. Above the desk theres is also a big notice board! It was better than i thought :smile: x
any more house D-ers? get in touch!
Reply 16
oh yeah and JJs bar is not just a common room with loadsa comfy sofas and plasma screen tvs, it looks like a nice place to hang out even if there isnt a bar!
x
Reply 17
jokesbre
lol, well its old, very old, no ensuite, tiny rooms, and far from campus. admittedly great spirit there tho, and ur next to a computer room...

The room's on the ground floor in SLC are the biggest on campus. Or they were until the new Vanbrugh were built.
Reply 18
please tell me more girls in house D! lol x
Reply 19
I was in house S SLC - all the houses are more or less the same. House D is part of the noisy bit - you'll have loads of fun!

SLC is the ghetto with good reason.

Latest