The Student Room Group

Birmingham

Okay so, I’m planning on going to the university of Birmingham, however I am slightly worried because a lot of people tell me that Birmingham is a really bad area and it’s really dangerous especially at night time. So can anyone tell me about what Birmingham is like especially what the area is like around uob and Aston uni? Thanks
i live in B'ham. Nothing wrong!
i wanna go UoB in 2yrs.
Obvs be careful at night, but that goes for any city in the world.
My sister goes Aston, shes fine :biggrin:
The area between those two is actually beautiful, check it on Google Maps, with a fountain, mini skatepark, garden park, its pretty cool, but during lockdown, not much to do right now.
So yeah, coming from someone who lives 5 mins away, you have nothing to worry about!
Reply 2
Original post by superbo9y
i wanna go UoB in 2yrs.
The area between those two is actually beautiful, check it on Google Maps, with a fountain, mini skatepark, garden park, its pretty cool, but during lockdown, not much to do right now.
So yeah, coming from someone who lives 5 mins away, you have nothing to worry about!

Thank you that makes me feel better!
Birmingham is no more dangerous than any other city in the UK, I lived there for 2 years and I am planning on moving back soon.
Aston is a pretty decent area, if you were considering someone like Handsworth or Ladywood I would certainly advise against it because they are ****holes.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Birmingham is no more dangerous than any other city in the UK, I lived there for 2 years and I am planning on moving back soon.
Aston is a pretty decent area, if you were considering someone like Handsworth or Ladywood I would certainly advise against it because they are ****holes.

Thank you
I've lived in Birmingham almost my whole life and the area around Aston uni is fine. It's right in the city centre which is generally always bustling and full of people pre-pandemic. I can't vouch for UoB really as I've only been there a handful of times.

Original post by superbo9y
i wanna go UoB in 2yrs.

It's BCU that's close to Aston, UoB is Edgbaston way :smile:
Original post by DiddyDec

And Lozells.

Regularly hear gunshots in those areas.
Original post by Anonymous
And Lozells.

Regularly hear gunshots in those areas.

That is very true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending