The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing interview

1. does every nursing student applicant get a chance to have an interview or does the university select who they want and who they don't want.
2. I do a level 3 business extended diploma in college because I couldn't get into health and social care and my predicted grade is a DDM will they still accept me
3. How long does it take the uni to get back to you or make a decision after the interview because I’m getting worried.

Thanks if you answer these !
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
1. they select people for interview based mainly on their personal statement & also their wider application.

2. Most uni’s do not stipulate specific subjects. Double check with your chosen uni’s but most nursing courses are either a UCAS tariff or a grade requirement, so as long as you meet them it’s gucci... very few request specific subjects. I think I’ve only seen one or two who ask for biology.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for this I feel reassured now. Also does that mean some universities can choose not to give you the chance to be interviewed (meaning they don’t want you because I have gotten 4 so far.
Original post by Priscillaxo
Thank you so much for this I feel reassured now. Also does that mean some universities can choose not to give you the chance to be interviewed (meaning they don’t want you because I have gotten 4 so far.

What do you mean you have gotten 4 so far?
Reply 4
Original post by GeeTee86
What do you mean you have gotten 4 so far?

4 interviews. 4 unis have gotten back to me only one of them hasn’t yet
Reply 5
Original post by Priscillaxo

Yes, as far as I know if uni’s don’t feel like you are appropriate for the course based on your application or if they’ve already filled the cohort etc they can reject you.
Reply 6
Wow now I feel proud of myself because the last uni just emailed me so now I have all 5 interviews (already done 2) ! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending