The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know the UCAS track progress thing is updated every 3 hours, but does anyone know what times? *has finally got it all done and sent off and confirmed*

lou xxx
Reply 581
lou p
I know the UCAS track progress thing is updated every 3 hours, but does anyone know what times? *has finally got it all done and sent off and confirmed*

lou xxx

no idea but trust me do'nt check so many times every day it'll drive you mad. And the unis get in touch with you faster than they get in touch with ucas.
Reply 582
lou p

lou xxx

I only ever seemed to get offers through at the end of the day. But sorry, don't know when it updates. :frown:
meepmeep
I only ever seemed to get offers through at the end of the day. But sorry, don't know when it updates. :frown:

i'm sure it'll drive me mad after a while... i only got my letter this morning + i don't reckon they'll do anything over the weekend. my brother (twin) found out from keele on the website before it was confirmed by the uni- so it is worth checking (i've also applied to keele).

lou xxx
Reply 584
hotnanoo
got a rejection letter from oxford today feeling depressed, really really wanted to get in ahh well

OH NO! For what course, at what college?? I feel bad for you...
Reply 585
Is the tracker updated on weekends, or is it just Mon-Fri ??
Reply 586
Acid_Rain
Is the tracker updated on weekends, or is it just Mon-Fri ??

i think just mon-fri.....havent had anything on sat sun..
Reply 587
lou p
i'm sure it'll drive me mad after a while... i only got my letter this morning + i don't reckon they'll do anything over the weekend. my brother (twin) found out from keele on the website before it was confirmed by the uni- so it is worth checking (i've also applied to keele).

lou xxx

I had two through from the website first and three through the post. But it's not worth checking every three hours. Best policy would be to check at the end of the day, after the uni offices have closed (after 5?). Anyway, good luck with the application.
Reply 588
UCAS tracking says that I got offers on the 26th and 27th of nov, but I've not got the letters yet. I think it's worth checking every few days - I did today and got a nice surprise! I don't know when they put it up though, probably yesterday.
Reply 589
pikaboo
UCAS tracking says that I got offers on the 26th and 27th of nov, but I've not got the letters yet. I think it's worth checking every few days - I did today and got a nice surprise! I don't know when they put it up though, probably yesterday.

They put the date when it arrived at UCAS on the front page of the tracker.
Reply 590
meepmeep
They put the date when it arrived at UCAS on the front page of the tracker.

Oh right, so they received my form a few days ago, but only just made the offer?
Reply 591
hotnanoo
got a rejection letter from oxford today feeling depressed, really really wanted to get in ahh well

Bad luck, why do you think you were rejected? Was it a very popular course/college, were you're subjects/grades ok? Tell us more - I'm worried now!
Reply 592
pikaboo
Oh right, so they received my form a few days ago, but only just made the offer?

Argh. Sorry, misread your original post. They date it with the date when it was put up.
Reply 593
lou p

lou xxx

I got an offer from Keele too , if u get accepted into them they tend to make an offer quick, they made mine in four days, made me feel well happy

incidently i also got an offer frm leicester for 3 B's :biggrin:
hotnanoo

oh no :-( do you have a second choice of Uni? What grades/course/college?
Reply 595
I got an interview invitation today for Law at Pembroke, Oxford hooray!
grrrrr!!! got a letter from durham this morning telling me my course choice (european studies (spanish)) has been discontinued!! that's the 2nd choice i've made being cancelled! i've decided i want to do combined honours in arts but i'm kinda stuck as to what to put on the reapplication form. it says in my letter from durham and the prospectus that i can combine some subjects from arts and another subject (not necessarily an arts subject) as part of my combined honours degree, but in the ucas directory it says state the subject choice abbreviation in the extra course details box (there isn't one of them on the reapplication form..) for the combined degree, which is all very well except my choices are spanish and english (from the arts) and then politics and sociology (not from the arts). what do i put down? i want to apply for the arts honours not the social sciences honours cos it's the same number of points as european studies. this is so annoying, leicester already messed me about and now my first choice uni decides it'd be fun to make me apply for a course that's probably already full and has a far less easy chance of getting in (for european studies last year there were 25 applicants and 22 offers, for combined honours in arts there were something like 480 applicants to 220 places). chuh. unis eh?
Reply 597
yeah durham cancelled my course as well. They sent me a letter last week saying I had to choose a new course but they actually specified which one they wanted me to apply for!
Hannah
yeah durham cancelled my course as well. They sent me a letter last week saying I had to choose a new course but they actually specified which one they wanted me to apply for!

they suggested a couple in mine: the modern languages one and the combined honours, perhaps cos european studies is quite a broad subject..
Reply 599
Hannah

It seems like Durham has cancelled a few courses - they sent a letter telling my friend that Arabic studies had been discontinued, and English/Linguistics is a bit dodgy too :frown: I hope Anthropology at Durham is ok!

Latest

Trending

Trending