The Student Room Group

Beating Burnout With A Blog (GYG)

Scroll to see replies

I did it!!!

I finished my lessons for the term (only two more weeks of lessons left now :eek:)

Honestly the fact that I’m finishing college in a few weeks terrifies me. It seems so weird that I’m going to adult soon.

I finished my assessments (the ones I made this blog to motivate me for :colondollar:)

I got a bit panicked in my chemistry test which normally means I make dumb mistakes and end up getting not getting an A* but I did check my answers at the end and they seemed okay and my friend got the same as I did on one of the really awful rates calculation questions.

In biology this morning I has the opposite problem, I was too relaxed :biggrin: - I almost ended up running out of time and I really rushed the last 2 questions.

I think I could get an A* in both though so gotta keep my fingers crossed 🤞.

I got an A* in my maths test (90% :u:)

I got my maths result yesterday and I was so happy but I didn’t have anyone I could tell and be happy for me as my 3 closest friends all got U’s

This makes me more comfortable with making UEA or Bath my insurance choice as I was worried I had slipped in maths and was no longer on track for an A (my offers are AAA).
Easter break to do list

- apply for student finance
- apply for driver’s license
- start revision for final assessments
-> do biology homework
-> do chemistry paper 1 revision
-> finish chemistry acid booklet and exam questions
-> do some maths
- visit bath university (I’ve booked a tour :biggrin:)
- do tutoring sessions and mark their homework
- sort out notes from last term
Update
I got my British Biology Olympiad result (silver :thumbsup:)
I’ve discovered I can’t do both my drivers license and student finance as the both need my birth certificate so I’ve prioritised finance so I’m only broke in September instead of super broke :biggrin:
I’ve started my revision (done some differentiation revision, started my biology homework and finished the acids and bases work) :u:
I’ve made a plan for the last three weeks of revision :h:
I’m still going to University of Bath next week and hopefully that’ll help me make a decision although I’m leaning towards firming Southampton (A*AA) and insurance UEA (AAA)
I’ve sorted out all my notes!

My plan for the today and tomorrow is
- do chemistry paper 1 revision on seneca
- finish biology homework
- finish flashcards for both biology and chemistry
- do some more maths questions

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x
Done my biology homework but I’m seriously struggling to focus this morning :rolleyes:
Seneca’s easy so I think I’ll try and get that done before lunch :biggrin:
I decided to do year 2 physical chemistry - I forgot how awful it was :getmecoat:
Original post by Hellllpppp
Update
I got my British Biology Olympiad result (silver :thumbsup:)
I’ve discovered I can’t do both my drivers license and student finance as the both need my birth certificate so I’ve prioritised finance so I’m only broke in September instead of super broke :biggrin:
I’ve started my revision (done some differentiation revision, started my biology homework and finished the acids and bases work) :u:
I’ve made a plan for the last three weeks of revision :h:
I’m still going to University of Bath next week and hopefully that’ll help me make a decision although I’m leaning towards firming Southampton (A*AA) and insurance UEA (AAA)
I’ve sorted out all my notes!

My plan for the today and tomorrow is
- do chemistry paper 1 revision on seneca
- finish biology homework
- finish flashcards for both biology and chemistry
- do some more maths questions

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x

sit yaar... i still need to apply for student finance fml
Yesterday I firmed Southampton and put UEA as my insurance choice so I’m not going to Bath tomorrow and can spend the day doing some flashcards for biology and chemistry and some exam questions for maths which I didn’t get round to Friday and yesterday.
Original post by shxttah_x
sit yaar... i still need to apply for student finance fml

I was the last of my friends to apply - I think it needs to be done by May though so you still have a little time :biggrin:
I was the last of my friends to apply - I think it needs to be done by May though so you still have a little time :biggrin:

imma do it today for deffo coz i know ill forget wen skl starts.... gud to know that :u:
This last week hasn’t gone to plan, after picking my universities I've been panicking about moving away from home and the constant state of unease has made it impossible to do as much revision as I would like. Now I need to catch up today but I haven’t got out of bed or had a shower yet. I have my last assessments on 4-7th May so only have 2/3 weeks to get myself back to a position where I can ace these tests. It’s not like these assessments are the be all and end all but it would be a shame if I fell at the last hurdle.

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x
This last week hasn’t gone to plan, after picking my universities I've been panicking about moving away from home and the constant state of unease has made it impossible to do as much revision as I would like. Now I need to catch up today but I haven’t got out of bed or had a shower yet. I have my last assessments on 4-7th May so only have 2/3 weeks to get myself back to a position where I can ace these tests. It’s not like these assessments are the be all and end all but it would be a shame if I fell at the last hurdle.

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x

u got this!... gud luck :biggrin:
My college has completely changed its plan, we were told we would be leaving after our last assessment now we’re supposed to stay until the 11th June - it’s an extra month :eek:

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x
My college has completely changed its plan, we were told we would be leaving after our last assessment now we’re supposed to stay until the 11th June - it’s an extra month :eek:

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x

what?... my school hasn't said anything but i feel as tho it'll be the same for us if ur school is doing that
wth are we supposed to do for a full month?... sit there and stare at the teachers face or wat? :mad:
Original post by shxttah_x
what?... my school hasn't said anything but i feel as tho it'll be the same for us if ur school is doing that
wth are we supposed to do for a full month?... sit there and stare at the teachers face or wat? :mad:

Some time is gonna be spent doing untaught content which is useful but we also have a online work experience week and activities with ex-students 😂 I was supposed to be going to Norwich the week after my assessments but they said that engagement in these could be used if we need to appeal our results so I guess I’ve gotta do it :angry:
Some time is gonna be spent doing untaught content which is useful but we also have a online work experience week and activities with ex-students 😂 I was supposed to be going to Norwich the week after my assessments but they said that engagement in these could be used if we need to appeal our results so I guess I’ve gotta do it :angry:

idm doing missed topics becos if we dont were gonna struggle in uni... but our school has literally said were not doing anything else so i dnt know wat is going on tbh... :mad: but ig if we get to do some kind of work experience or work its alri then becos atm all i know is were gonna be staring at a teachers face for a whole month
Update - I have no idea what’s going on

I either have a week or a month left of A-levels :eyeball:

In maths I’m ending on Wednesday with a final assessment (after that work will be posted online and is not going to be taken in). Although there are more assessments in the next few weeks to bring people up from Us to Es so if I’m unhappy with my results I can get involved in these.

In biology and chemistry I have no clue :lol: me and my friends should start paying attention to what’s said because we’re pretty sure it’s the same as maths but I don’t think they’ve said anything. I should probably email my teachers but I get serious email anxiety so I’m just gonna wait :biggrin: Ohhh and the final assessments are both on Friday!

Tags
@AestheticStudying
@shxttah_x
To do

Maths
Graph transformations
Differentiation (mainly implicit)
Partial fractions
Integration
Binomial expansion
Binomial distribution

Biology
2018 paper 2 - I’ve done all the other unlocked ones I think

Chemistry
1hr paper set today
Graph transformations done :biggrin:
image.jpg
Implicit differentiation :heart:

image.jpg

I’ve done almost 3 pages on implicit differentiation this morning :eek:

For the record my notes are hardly ever this neat - I’m just sharing them because they’re actually pretty aesthetic today :h:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending