The Student Room Group

Linking with a guy and has a knife?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Garnettoi
Oooh okay, I don’t think that’s a good thing then. Someone sending you a picture of a knife after you’ve just talked about your sister nearly getting stabbed is a bit of an AH. I would definitely be wary

Idk, he just wanted to prove that he was one. And got mad with me because he said it was a gift and I told him it was not a good gift and said I was ungrateful.
Original post by Anonymous
Idk, he just wanted to prove that he was one. And got mad with me because he said it was a gift and I told him it was not a good gift and said I was ungrateful.

I don’t think you should bother with this fellow, respectfully, even without the anger issues doing this shows what sort of a person he is
I don’t think you should bother with this fellow, respectfully, even without the anger issues doing this shows what sort of a person he is

I suppose so but I haven't met him yet so I can't assume. He said he would like me to go to his place but idk. He said he wants to meet my mum as well because he knows she's over protective.
I suppose so but I haven't met him yet so I can't assume. He said he would like me to go to his place but idk. He said he wants to meet my mum as well because he knows she's over protective.

As others have said I would advise just following your gut and if you do decide to go around to his please make sure someone knows where you are. I would really advise suggesting a public meet up in an outside area you know better than him so that if anything dodgy happens you can just get away
As others have said I would advise just following your gut and if you do decide to go around to his please make sure someone knows where you are. I would really advise suggesting a public meet up in an outside area you know better than him so that if anything dodgy happens you can just get away

I totally agree, he lives 30 mins away and he lives in a small village so I will try my best.
Bump
Bump

why? You got plenty replies..
So you think that he would do something with it?
Original post by StriderHort
why? You got plenty replies..

I want to hear people's opinions. Ok?
I can't, incase he won't use it.
Well, he sent it because I was telling him about how this gypsy man asked if I had kids but I'm too young... then he asked me if I liked gypsies and I said not really because I had some that lived in our town for a while and almost stabbed my sister for no reason but she ran away to this building thankfully. Then he showed me his.

Please get out before it's too late. This doesn't sound good at all.
I can't, incase he won't use it.

Even if he doesn't use it on you, he could be a serious danger to others.
Please get out before it's too late. This doesn't sound good at all.

I don't know if he takes it out.

Even if he doesn't use it on you, he could be a serious danger to others.

True.
Yikes.
He sounds like a vicious jerk.
With the knife he sounds like a wannabe knife wielding scumbag.

Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Whatever you do, ensure that he never comes to your home or anywhere where he would have contact with your sister.
I doubt that she would respond positively to his anger management issue, knife photos or family members.
No, you're correct. We've been speaking today and he's been fine with me. He's been being his old usual self which I like but we don't know why he has a knife, it was a gift and apparently he doesn't use it so.
Original post by londonmyst
Yikes.
He sounds like a vicious jerk.
With the knife he sounds like a wannabe knife wielding scumbag.

Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Whatever you do, ensure that he never comes to your home or anywhere where he would have contact with your sister.
I doubt that she would respond positively to his anger management issue, knife photos or family members.

Not so sure. It was a gift he said and he didn't want to feel ungrateful. But would someone give you a knife as a gift? Seriously? Idk. But I'm going to his when restrictions go away.
New update: we are actually doing fine :smile:. He's been supportive about this issue I've been dealing with so I think it's okay. He did say the knife was not for killing, it's for food etc. My fault.
New update: we are actually doing fine :smile:. He's been supportive about this issue I've been dealing with so I think it's okay. He did say the knife was not for killing, it's for food etc. My fault.

mhm i just realized on what a large assumption you and many people (including myself) made about that knife.....
Original post by Lwexi12
mhm i just realized on what a large assumption you and many people (including myself) made about that knife.....

But am I right to have been worried? I worry way too much.
But am I right to have been worried? I worry way too much.

ofc. i mean to me sending a picture of a knife is a threat......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending