The Student Room Group

Do you have to ask before making the first move?

A couple years ago, I had an undefined relationship with one of my friends. We were both bi women, and we had been flirting with each other for a while. I had taken her as my date to the prom, and afterwards me and all of my friends rented a house together for a weekend to party. We all got drunk, tho I was by far the most. I had even taken my top off that night in front of my friends. Anyway, she ended up putting me to bed (we were sharing a bed that night) and while she was I was a giggly mess, which I think she thought was funny. I had very quickly grabbed her face and gave her a peck on the lips. I did that a couple more times while she was trying to put me to bed I think. While she didn’t say stop, I don’t remember her reaction. Since it didn’t go further, I’m worried she did not want it to happen. The next day she flirted with me some more, and I apologized for what I did and she said she wasn’t uncomfortable and I don’t need to worry or apologize. But I don’t know if kissing her without her verbal consent, is that bad? Did I do something wrong?
Reply 1
I think Yes and no. she said she wasn't uncomfortable and guys had been flirting, as well as what you doing being light hearted. however consent is still consent, it needs to happen whatever the situation you are in may be
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
A couple years ago, I had an undefined relationship with one of my friends. We were both bi women, and we had been flirting with each other for a while. I had taken her as my date to the prom, and afterwards me and all of my friends rented a house together for a weekend to party. We all got drunk, tho I was by far the most. I had even taken my top off that night in front of my friends. Anyway, she ended up putting me to bed (we were sharing a bed that night) and while she was I was a giggly mess, which I think she thought was funny. I had very quickly grabbed her face and gave her a peck on the lips. I did that a couple more times while she was trying to put me to bed I think. While she didn’t say stop, I don’t remember her reaction. Since it didn’t go further, I’m worried she did not want it to happen. The next day she flirted with me some more, and I apologized for what I did and she said she wasn’t uncomfortable and I don’t need to worry or apologize. But I don’t know if kissing her without her verbal consent, is that bad? Did I do something wrong?

If you were a man you could possibly find yourself up on a court case

but as you're a woman I doubt it would come to that......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending