The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pyruvic Acid
Rip to the 0.001%

Indeed, considering that there are ~ 9,500 medical places annually nationally in the UK, that's literally just 1 theoretical person who will not pass the DBS :lol:

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by miapopmia
Thanks for clarification. So Imperial by principle does not give unconditional until DBS is passed? When can we expect the DBS process, I am so impatient to finish everything :smile:

Probably fairly soon, maybe within the next month or so?
I get the impatience but it's literally just a formality unless you're a criminal, I would see your offer as 'unconditional' :tongue:
Just got an offer holders bulletin email from imperial with information on the MBBS virtual offer holder’s event
Original post by Medic_20
Just got an offer holders bulletin email from imperial with information on the MBBS virtual offer holder’s event

Would recommend going to that, great way to meet current students and ask any questions you have!
Original post by Medic_20

do we sign up for it on the day cos when i tried it j gave me a teams link when i clicked the arrow lmao
Original post by Bigreshe
do we sign up for it on the day cos when i tried it j gave me a teams link when i clicked the arrow lmao

You probably could just sign up on the day. I've just added it to my calendar with the link!
Original post by becausethenight
Probably fairly soon, maybe within the next month or so?
I get the impatience but it's literally just a formality unless you're a criminal, I would see your offer as 'unconditional' :tongue:

Thank you :biggrin:
Maybe a stupid question, but can we sell the ipad we get? I'm only asking because I feel like I'd rather sell it and have the money go towards an ipad air instead.
does anyone know how likely it is to not get one of your five preferred accommodation choices?
Original post by vlvtcity
does anyone know how likely it is to not get one of your five preferred accommodation choices?

It is quite random in the end tbh, I didn't get any of my 5 preferred choices. South ken accommodation tends to be more competitive than North Acton accommodation, most people who picked NA accommodations got one.
Original post by Gunner772
It is quite random in the end tbh, I didn't get any of my 5 preferred choices. South ken accommodation tends to be more competitive than North Acton accommodation, most people who picked NA accommodations got one.

thank you!
Original post by vlvtcity
thank you!

Nws!
How would be the best way to email/contact imperial about the offer they gave me? I just want to double check if I'm not contextual, as I met a few contextual flags so I was a bit confused when I got the offer of a*aa. I'm confident that I'll work hard to get the grades, but Imperial's my only offer and I really dont want to miss out on it :smile:
Original post by fredo12332
Maybe a stupid question, but can we sell the ipad we get? I'm only asking because I feel like I'd rather sell it and have the money go towards an ipad air instead.

No, because you'll need it to sign into placements in later years I think?
There was an option to have them install their software on your own personal iPad if you wanted, so you could ask about that - personally for the sake of not navigating Imperial's insane bureaucracy I'd give it a week with their iPad to see if you can live with it first maybe.
Original post by starrystudy
How would be the best way to email/contact imperial about the offer they gave me? I just want to double check if I'm not contextual, as I met a few contextual flags so I was a bit confused when I got the offer of a*aa. I'm confident that I'll work hard to get the grades, but Imperial's my only offer and I really dont want to miss out on it :smile:

I'd assume just [email protected]? Worth a shot anyway!
Are you allowed to intercalate at other medical schools in your fourth year, or do you have to stay at imperial?
Are you allowed to intercalate at other medical schools in your fourth year, or do you have to stay at imperial?

You can intercalate at other medical schools, although you have to be aware of their application deadlines which might be different from Imperial's. This will involve you doing some reading around to see when to apply and how. It's not very common, most, if not everyone, stays at Imperial. I don't know the whole process or whether you have to get permission from Imperial but I know people who have done it so it is/was possible

You can, but only if you can successfully make a case that Imperial doesn’t offer what you want to do (so say you want to study Education or Anthropology, rather than just cardiology but somewhere else)

Also apparently if you apply externally but don’t get in you’re limited to any BSc at Imperial with space remaining, after everyone else has picked.
Original post by AortaStudyMore
You can intercalate at other medical schools, although you have to be aware of their application deadlines which might be different from Imperial's. This will involve you doing some reading around to see when to apply and how. It's not very common, most, if not everyone, stays at Imperial. I don't know the whole process or whether you have to get permission from Imperial but I know people who have done it so it is/was possible

Original post by becausethenight
You can, but only if you can successfully make a case that Imperial doesn’t offer what you want to do (so say you want to study Education or Anthropology, rather than just cardiology but somewhere else)

Also apparently if you apply externally but don’t get in you’re limited to any BSc at Imperial with space remaining, after everyone else has picked.

Original post by AortaStudyMore

:hi: Hope finals have gone/should go well!
I know you didn't intercalate externally yourself so apologies if I'm just asking something you know nothing about, but I'm thinking of it because I'd like to do social science/law and I was just wondering if the people you know who've done it said anything about what it's like socially and if it's actually quite isolating? Are you still allowed to be a member of an Imperial sports club while you intercalate for example (especially if you're still in London)? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending