The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnaBananana
Nope - its a six year course with mandatory intercalation

Ah, thanks. I was just confused since on UCAS it says it's a 5 year course but in the Imperial decision email it said it was a 6 year course.
Original post by Pyruvic Acid
Ah, thanks. I was just confused since on UCAS it says it's a 5 year course but in the Imperial decision email it said it was a 6 year course.

As far as I know, it's always been 6 years including a year of mandatory intercalation. I suppose the medical bits are 5 years in length.

Post originally created by ecolier.
has any1 received anything from Imperial after their offer (apart from the interview feedback email)?
Original post by Bigreshe
has any1 received anything from Imperial after their offer (apart from the interview feedback email)?

Nope
So no offer email directly from imperial yet for anyone?
Reply 165

was going to ask the same Q:smile:
Reply 166
Just checked and there was an email from Imperial a day after the track update to say there's an update in track! :smile:
No emails re OH Questionnaire etc

Have people received interview feedback?

i havent yet

the survey deadline is 31st march so I doubt theyll give out the feedback before then
Original post by isabelmarant
I had a few questions about Horizons actually if that's ok:redface: I'd really like to take World Literature or Spanish in 1st year but do a lot of medics take Horizons modules for fun since they don't count as credit? Do medics find it hard to balance Horizons with such a contact-heavy degree? Are there ever timetabling issues with the Horizons Tuesday slot and any teaching? Did you take any Horizons modules and if so would you recommend the modules you took? Thanks btw ik that's a lot of questions but I'm really excited as I didn't realise Imperial offered humanity modules, just worried about the workload:colondollar:

Quite a few medics do, although the stereotype is that we don't :biggrin:
I took French in term 1, dropped it because I wasn't enjoying it and did Understanding Human Behaviour this term which I've hugely enjoyed! In terms of balancing with studies I would say have a quick look at assessment methods before you apply so you know what you're signing up to. Most teachers are very flexible (for example I have an essay due on April 12th because we told the tutor that we couldn't do it for the end of term due to mocks and exams - he can set whatever deadlines he wants and was happy to push it back) but once you have a deadline you do have to meet it. At the same time it's easy to drop it and no one cares if you do, so you could easily go to the lessons then just not write the essay if you don't have time!

I would 100% sign up and then just see how it goes. You can definitely make it work and I would reccomend doing one if you're interested.
Original post by becausethenight
Quite a few medics do, although the stereotype is that we don't :biggrin:
I took French in term 1, dropped it because I wasn't enjoying it and did Understanding Human Behaviour this term which I've hugely enjoyed! In terms of balancing with studies I would say have a quick look at assessment methods before you apply so you know what you're signing up to. Most teachers are very flexible (for example I have an essay due on April 12th because we told the tutor that we couldn't do it for the end of term due to mocks and exams - he can set whatever deadlines he wants and was happy to push it back) but once you have a deadline you do have to meet it. At the same time it's easy to drop it and no one cares if you do, so you could easily go to the lessons then just not write the essay if you don't have time!

I would 100% sign up and then just see how it goes. You can definitely make it work and I would reccomend doing one if you're interested.

PRSOM:smile: Thank you!
Original post by isabelmarant
prsom:smile: thank you!

prsom ^ 2 :d
prsom ^ 2 :d

:five:
Original post by dancingshru
So no offer email directly from imperial yet for anyone?

I just got my offer on track but still no email from Imperial.
Does anyone know when we will recieve the accomodation form?
Original post by AlishAsh
Does anyone know when we will recieve the accomodation form?

We had it after results day, so I wouldn’t expect it particularly soon?
We had it after results day, so I wouldn’t expect it particularly soon?

Ah I see. Thank you!
There's an offer holder event on the 15th of April that I would recommend everyone attend- think you would get an email about it. It's a really great opportunity to meet current students and ask any questions you have!
Original post by Gunner772
There's an offer holder event on the 15th of April that I would recommend everyone attend- think you would get an email about it. It's a really great opportunity to meet current students and ask any questions you have!

How do we sign up for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending