The Student Room Group

I’m sectioned on a psychiatric ward AMA!

So I am currently sectioned on a psych ward and incredibly bored! AMA :smile:
My only 2 and a half questions, are you okay? If you were in charge of unit, what would you buy and why?

Take care,

Greg
Sorry to hear that noodly noodzz :hugs:

Do you have a time frame of when you can leave? :cube:
Reply 3
Original post by greg tony
My only 2 and a half questions, are you okay? If you were in charge of unit, what would you buy and why?

Take care,

Greg

Hi Greg!

1) yes I am ok, just bored, tired, scared of the other patients and hate the unknown of when I can leave
2) short chargers for everyone! It’s a luxury to be able to keep hold of your phone/iPad etc. Rather than having to hand them over every night to be charged by nurses. Also soap - not kidding, literally COVID 19 and there is no bloody soap (I had to bring my own)!
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
Sorry to hear that noodly noodzz :hugs:

Do you have a time frame of when you can leave? :cube:

So I’m on a 5(2) with mental health act assessment on Monday. Fingers crossed they will let me go back to informal! :hugs: back too
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hi Greg!

1) yes I am ok, just bored, tired, scared of the other patients and hate the unknown of when I can leave
2) short chargers for everyone! It’s a luxury to be able to keep hold of your phone/iPad etc. Rather than having to hand them over every night to be charged by nurses. Also soap - not kidding, literally COVID 19 and there is no bloody soap (I had to bring my own)!

No soap! What a load of rubbish, you will have to get a contact to smuggle in some contraband.

That must be shite having to go cold turkey on devices, would also make the nights drag and thoughts may even go a little haywire. Look at me now, just back from a run, and straight on phone!

Yeah that must be scary with other people in there, especially due to covid, not sure i could deal with anything more than 1 other person ha. what kind of social do you have there (TV etc)?

Also, do you think it is helping being there?

Greg
Reply 6
Original post by greg tony
No soap! What a load of rubbish, you will have to get a contact to smuggle in some contraband.

That must be shite having to go cold turkey on devices, would also make the nights drag and thoughts may even go a little haywire. Look at me now, just back from a run, and straight on phone!

Yeah that must be scary with other people in there, especially due to covid, not sure i could deal with anything more than 1 other person ha. what kind of social do you have there (TV etc)?

Also, do you think it is helping being there?

Greg

Yeah its ridiculous about the soap!
And there are 2 TV rooms but I mean daytime TV... but they have WiFi so binge watching Netflix in my room. They have a couple of broken computers and a ping pong table without the netting :P
Nope not at all! Don’t want or need to be here
Original post by Noodlzzz
Yeah its ridiculous about the soap!
And there are 2 TV rooms but I mean daytime TV... but they have WiFi so binge watching Netflix in my room. They have a couple of broken computers and a ping pong table without the netting :P
Nope not at all! Don’t want or need to be here

Ha love the ping pong without the net,whats the point of having it.

What are you watching on Netflix?

Was it a surprise to go in then?

Greg
How did you end up being sectioned, i.e. was it by your GP, CMHT, A&E, other mental health team etc?

What is the daily itinary at the hospital?

What is the food like?

Are the staff friendly?
Reply 9
Original post by xBeautifulMind
How did you end up being sectioned, i.e. was it by your GP, CMHT, A&E, other mental health team etc?

What is the daily itinary at the hospital?

What is the food like?

Are the staff friendly?

1) CMHT sent to an assessment centre where it was decided I would go voluntary/informal. Asked to leave when I got here so put on a doctors holding section (5(2) 72 hours), tomorrow is the section 2 mental health act assessment
2) I’ve only been here the weekend, but usually (this is something like my 19th stay? Ikr...) there are art groups and some community meetings. But mostly it is just boredom separated by meds and means
3) yeah staff are ok, some better than others but I’ve had a lot worse!
You have wifi and a phone??! Damn! Everytime I've been in hospital, I've had my phone taken off me. I hope you feel better soon, n00dz. :hugs:
Reply 11
Original post by Sabertooth
You have wifi and a phone??! Damn! Everytime I've been in hospital, I've had my phone taken off me. I hope you feel better soon, n00dz. :hugs:

Living in luxury :P I also have my iPad (with short charger ftw)

Quick Reply

Latest