The Student Room Group

Should I do A level Law for this reason?

So basically I am currently doing the three subjects as my a levels:
•English lit
•History
•Psychology

My school doesn’t offer a level law , but I recently found this tutor just here on TSR and contacted her, she just discussed the basics and told me to contact her once I’ve thought about it, to be honest one of the main reasons I am actually considering doing a level law is because I am conflicted between doing law and psychology in the future, I’ve read mixed opinions on doing a level law, tbh my reason is that I wanna know which one it is I wanna carry on doing in uni, law or psychology, do you guys think it’s worth it , help me out pleaseee。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
Original post by Ilalala
•English lit
•History
•Psychology

My school doesn’t offer a level law , but I recently found this tutor just here on TSR and contacted her, she just discussed the basics and told me to contact her once I’ve thought about it, to be honest one of the main reasons I am actually considering doing a level law is because I am conflicted between doing law and psychology in the future, I’ve read mixed opinions on doing a level law, tbh my reason is that I wanna know which one it is I wanna carry on doing in uni, law or psychology, do you guys think it’s worth it , help me out pleaseee。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

You don't need A-level law to do law lol you can do any subject you just need high grades.
For psychology you'll probably need a science so that subject is the one you should look out for because it actually does have subject requirements and if the time comes where you decide that you want to do psychology but you've already picked law, then you'll have to do a foundation course so yeah.

https://www.ucas.com/explore/subjects/psychology#:~:text=Entry%20requirements,A%20level%20subjects%20is%20required.

Edit: check the subject and entry requirements for the uni Psychology courses you're interested in.
I forgot to mention that law conversion courses do exist if you feel as though you think the psychology degree was not useful.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ilalala
•English lit
•History
•Psychology

Hi there,

I am currently a student at the University of Portsmouth.

To study Law at university, you do not need to have an A-level in Law. If you were to study Law at degree level, the teaching would always start from scratch, therefore you don't need any previous knowledge and if you do, it will be covered again.
If you are studying psychology at A-level this will give you an insight into psychology. I understand you want to experience Law before committing to it for a degree. I would recommend checking out our Law school page below. I would also recommend doing your own research into the subject of Law, attend open days (virtually at the moment).

https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses/llb-hons-law#entry-requirements

I hope this helps.
Ethan - UOP Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending