?
Report 5 months ago
Add poll
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m definitely not upper class, I think I straddle the line between working and middle class;

How do you define middle class anyway
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/20...5093/index.stm This one is a good one as it takes into consideration your hobbies, and the people around you in your circles, as well as wages, home owners etc.
cakes are nice9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/20...5093/index.stm This one is a good one as it takes into consideration your hobbies, and the people around you in your circles, as well as wages, home owners etc.
you are a wiss
AestheticStudying
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if I say what class i'm in, people are gonna think I'm a brat
username5655466
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm in a class of my own.
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Okay thanks

I got established middle class so fair enough
Laura024
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Like lower middle class/bordering working class. I'm probably working class tho, if I'm honest
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Lower-middle.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mine is a bit iffy.

I've been somewhat raised middle class but that's largely through glomming onto my grandparents retirement

In terms of personal achievements and assets, strictly working class.

In the next year i'll graduate (better late than never) and likely buy a house outright through inheritance, so that kinda shoves me several rungs back up to middle again.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I can't be saying such a thing.
Contradicts my username.
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Lower-middle.
Doctors are definitely not lower middle class
username4942066
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
established middle/elite - was honestly not expecting that
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Garnettoi)
My background is lower-middle, though. (As in, the lower end of middle-class.)

I guess I am perhaps "middle-middle" now, but I still feel a bit young to be changing what class I feel I came from, lol. When I'm older, I guess I'll consider myself middle-middle.

Tbh, in today's society, I'm not sure how helpful these "class" considerations are.
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
My background is lower-middle, though. (As in, the lower end of middle-class.)

I guess I am perhaps "middle-middle" now, but I still feel a bit young to be changing what class I feel I came from, lol. When I'm older, I guess I'll consider myself middle-middle.

Tbh, in today's society, I'm not sure how helpful these "class" considerations are.
Anybody who got into Cambridge, especially for a super competitive subject like medicine, is upper middle class at bare minimum irrespective of family background (yes I stalked your profile)

I’m not sure; Oxbridge by definition are fairly upper class universities, it’s fair to assume anyone who gets into them is likely middle class at minimum
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends how you look at it, they are to me. If you have to work for a salary... the claim to middle class is on a shaky peg, independent wealth is the key IMO.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anybody who got into Cambridge, especially for a super competitive subject like medicine, is upper middle class at bare minimum irrespective of family background (yes I stalked your profile)

I’m not sure; Oxbridge by definition are fairly upper class universities, it’s fair to assume anyone who gets into them is likely middle class at minimum
I would disagree with this. Upper-middle class is genuinely a very wealthy background to come from. I can assure you that I am nowhere near "upper-middle class". Getting into Oxbridge isn't necessarily linked to class background.
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Depends how you look at it, they are to me. If you have to work for a salary... the claim to middle class is on a shaky peg, independent wealth is the key IMO.
Yeah I guess, anybody that can rely on their investments for money and doesn’t need to work at all is arguably upper class
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads