The Student Room Group

are you upper class or middle class or working class

chat

Scroll to see replies

im working class:smile:
Add poll :h:
I’m definitely not upper class, I think I straddle the line between working and middle class;

How do you define middle class anyway
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/2013/newsspec_5093/index.stm This one is a good one as it takes into consideration your hobbies, and the people around you in your circles, as well as wages, home owners etc.
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/2013/newsspec_5093/index.stm This one is a good one as it takes into consideration your hobbies, and the people around you in your circles, as well as wages, home owners etc.

you are a wiss
if I say what class i'm in, people are gonna think I'm a brat :redface:
I'm in a class of my own.:biggrin:

Okay thanks

I got established middle class so fair enough
Reply 9
Like lower middle class/bordering working class. I'm probably working class tho, if I'm honest :biggrin:
Lower-middle.
Mine is a bit iffy.

I've been somewhat raised middle class but that's largely through glomming onto my grandparents retirement :colonhash:

In terms of personal achievements and assets, strictly working class.

In the next year i'll graduate (better late than never) and likely buy a house outright through inheritance, so that kinda shoves me several rungs back up to middle again.
I can't be saying such a thing.
Contradicts my username.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lower-middle.

Doctors are definitely not lower middle class

established middle/elite - was honestly not expecting that
Original post by Garnettoi

My background is lower-middle, though. (As in, the lower end of middle-class.)

I guess I am perhaps "middle-middle" now, but I still feel a bit young to be changing what class I feel I came from, lol. When I'm older, I guess I'll consider myself middle-middle.

Tbh, in today's society, I'm not sure how helpful these "class" considerations are.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
My background is lower-middle, though. (As in, the lower end of middle-class.)

I guess I am perhaps "middle-middle" now, but I still feel a bit young to be changing what class I feel I came from, lol. When I'm older, I guess I'll consider myself middle-middle.

Tbh, in today's society, I'm not sure how helpful these "class" considerations are.

Anybody who got into Cambridge, especially for a super competitive subject like medicine, is upper middle class at bare minimum irrespective of family background (yes I stalked your profile)

I’m not sure; Oxbridge by definition are fairly upper class universities, it’s fair to assume anyone who gets into them is likely middle class at minimum

Depends how you look at it, they are to me. If you have to work for a salary... the claim to middle class is on a shaky peg, independent wealth is the key IMO.
Anybody who got into Cambridge, especially for a super competitive subject like medicine, is upper middle class at bare minimum irrespective of family background (yes I stalked your profile)

I’m not sure; Oxbridge by definition are fairly upper class universities, it’s fair to assume anyone who gets into them is likely middle class at minimum

I would disagree with this. Upper-middle class is genuinely a very wealthy background to come from. I can assure you that I am nowhere near "upper-middle class". Getting into Oxbridge isn't necessarily linked to class background.
Original post by StriderHort
Depends how you look at it, they are to me. If you have to work for a salary... the claim to middle class is on a shaky peg, independent wealth is the key IMO.

Yeah I guess, anybody that can rely on their investments for money and doesn’t need to work at all is arguably upper class

Quick Reply

Latest