The Student Room Group

year 13 final exams gyg

Scroll to see replies

i'm going to do my PAG write up before going to bed :smile:
I'm so done with revision tbh ):
to do

- biology homework on electrophoresis
- contunue on from gene technology PMT booklet q8 onwards (stop at pg20-30)

- chemistry amines/amides/amino acids online booklet
- year 1 as level physical practice (found out that apparently only ~30% of the physical stuff from y1 and 2 are being tested)
- organic synthesis pathway fill in blanks
- organic paper
- inorganic paper

- psychology forensics review
- forensics questions

I might just take it easy today as school is starting tomorrow :frown: I cannot for the life of me stay productive during school/after school because I get SO tired from travel/ school in general :colonhash: so it's hard to stay motivated. Officially 3 weeks left until exams and I'm bricking ittttt
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by starrystudy
to do

- biology homework on electrophoresis
- contunue on from gene technology PMT booklet q8 onwards (stop at pg20-30)

- chemistry amines/amides/amino acids online booklet
- year 1 as level physical practice
- organic synthesis pathway fill in blanks
- inorganic paper
- organic paper

- psychology forensics review
- forensics questions

I might just take it easy today as school is starting tomorrow :frown: I cannot for the life of me stay productive during school/after school because I get SO tired from travel/ school in general :colonhash: so it's hard to stay motivated. Officially 3 weeks left until exams and I'm bricking ittttt

bricking it as well, definitely didn't get as much done as I wanted to this easter hols... it's not over yet though, just going to try to use this day the best that I can :/
Original post by studyingpeach
bricking it as well, definitely didn't get as much done as I wanted to this easter hols... it's not over yet though, just going to try to use this day the best that I can :/

same, i honestly think i've wasted the opportunity to get as much done as possible. i honestly think there's could be a fault with my revision technique because I don't feel ready at all :frown:
definitely, it's not over, and we have quite a bit of time to improve :hugs:
same, i honestly think i've wasted the opportunity to get as much done as possible. i honestly think there's could be a fault with my revision technique because I don't feel ready at all :frown:
definitely, it's not over, and we have quite a bit of time to improve :hugs:

from what I've seen, you've been doing a lot of exam practice and I'm pretty sure that's the best way to revise! I think we just both need to push through, we still have time :smile:
from what I've seen, you've been doing a lot of exam practice and I'm pretty sure that's the best way to revise! I think we just both need to push through, we still have time :smile:

ahh I hope so, I should start doing timed practice, but hopefully I can start when the assessment material come out :smile:
definitely!!
moving onto review of forensics :smile:
damn all these daily gygs kinda making me wanna start one....
Original post by mez_merising
damn all these daily gygs kinda making me wanna start one....

Omg please do!!! I absolutely loved following your previous gygs :biggrin:
taking a short ~10 min break before moving onto an inorganic paper
also i doubt anyone will see this but does anyone have any tips on how to remember reaction mechanisms? I cannot for the life of me remember and I've been trying to memorise them for like a month :colonhash:
slow day :frown:
I'm going to do a controlling gene expression booklet now until 12ish because I have school tmr :frown:
to do

- chemistry inorganic paper
- chemistry inorganic paper 2
- chemistry organic paper 2015
- proton nmr questions
- reaction mechanisms revise
- condense all pags
- kp calculations

- biology google drv. booklet until page 25ish, and mark
- biology photosynthesis and respiration blurt

- schizophrenia review
- schizophrenia ppqs

probably not going to finish these all because i just came back from school. having lunch at around 3:30ish
(edited 3 years ago)
taking a short ~10 min break before moving onto an inorganic paper
also i doubt anyone will see this but does anyone have any tips on how to remember reaction mechanisms? I cannot for the life of me remember and I've been trying to memorise them for like a month :colonhash:

very basic here but make sure you understand exactly what's going on (I watched tons of yt videos until I got each mechanism) as it will help a lot with memorising. I used to find it really difficult to memorise the mechanisms but, once I started doing this, it became a lot easier.
to do

- chemistry inorganic paper
- chemistry inorganic paper 2
- chemistry organic paper 2015
- proton nmr questions
- reaction mechanisms revise
- condense all pags

- biology google drv. booklet until page 25ish, and mark
- biology photosynthesis and respiration blurt

- schizophrenia review
- schizophrenia ppqs

probably not going to finish these all because i just came back from school. having lunch at around 3:30ish

good luck with revision! :smile:
very basic here but make sure you understand exactly what's going on (I watched tons of yt videos until I got each mechanism) as it will help a lot with memorising. I used to find it really difficult to memorise the mechanisms but, once I started doing this, it became a lot easier.

good luck with revision! :smile:

ahh thank you so so much for this suggestion! i'm a visual learner so i'll most definitely try this :smile: x
also, what do you type to find these videos?
good luck with your revision too!! x
ahh thank you so so much for this suggestion! i'm a visual learner so i'll most definitely try this :smile: x
also, what do you type to find these videos?
good luck with your revision too!! x

honestly just something like 'electrophilic substitution a level chemistry' etc. I'm not sure which exam board you're on, but machemguy is pretty good for OCR A
honestly just something like 'electrophilic substitution a level chemistry' etc. I'm not sure which exam board you're on, but machemguy is pretty good for OCR A

I'm on OCR A! machemguy is a godsend so I'll definitely check his vids out :smile:
thank you so much xx
just finished the organic paper.. didn't do very well because I misinterpreted like half the qs :s-smilie: oh well
moving onto reaction mechanisms review
Have my research methods assessment tomorrow
also have a mini test on amides, amines and polymers
need to do unit 5 bio booklet

good luck guys only a few more weeks to go....
Original post by Zobia khan
Have my research methods assessment tomorrow
also have a mini test on amides, amines and polymers
need to do unit 5 bio booklet

good luck guys only a few more weeks to go....

omg good luck for research methods, you'll smash it :smile: x
good luck with your revision, we just have to push through one last time :heart:
only spent around a total of 1 hour revising today as i was super distracted :frown: why am i like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending