The Student Room Group

Oxford University - functional skills level 2

So, my A-level grades are good and I assume the admission test for Oxford will be good too as I will work hard for it.

However, my GCSEs aren't good due to the language barrier I faced at the time. To cover this, would it be helpful to take functional skills level 2??
Reply 1
Original post by AsKim
So, my A-level grades are good and I assume the admission test for Oxford will be good too as I will work hard for it.

However, my GCSEs aren't good due to the language barrier I faced at the time. To cover this, would it be helpful to take functional skills level 2??

No. It would be pointless.
Original post by AHKS
No. It would be pointless.

ah okay, just thought of it because someone told me that functional skills level 2 can somewhat replace GCSEs?
Reply 3
Original post by AsKim
ah okay, just thought of it because someone told me that functional skills level 2 can somewhat replace GCSEs?

If you don't have the minimum gcse requirement then re-take actual gcses in the subjects you need if at all possible, and be sure your academic referee explains you had not been long in the country when you first took them and that hour language skills are now vastly improved.
Original post by AHKS
If you don't have the minimum gcse requirement then re-take actual gcses in the subjects you need if at all possible, and be sure your academic referee explains you had not been long in the country when you first took them and that hour language skills are now vastly improved.

ah nice, I think I meet the minimum GCSE as I passed 6 of them.

Yh that would be a good idea I will ask my referee, but as well I think it would be good if I take IELTS and actually show them how much I improved?
Reply 5
Original post by AsKim
ah nice, I think I meet the minimum GCSE as I passed 6 of them.

Yh that would be a good idea I will ask my referee, but as well I think it would be good if I take IELTS and actually show them how much I improved?

I don't think it will add anything, just focus on getting the very best A levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending