The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Five reasons to study abroad

Are you weighing up the pros and cons of studying abroad or in the UK? There are personal and academic benefits to studying abroad, and it will give you a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in a different culture to gain a better understanding of the world. There's lots to think about, but here are our top five reasons why you should consider studying abroad:

It can be cheaper
Stand out from the crowd
Study at a top ranking course provider
Get international experience
Whet your appetite for adventure

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out :smile:!

Joao
Economics
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Are you weighing up the pros and cons of studying abroad or in the UK? There are personal and academic benefits to studying abroad, and it will give you a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in a different culture to gain a better understanding of the world. There's lots to think about, but here are our top five reasons why you should consider studying abroad:

It can be cheaper
Stand out from the crowd
Study at a top ranking course provider
Get international experience
Whet your appetite for adventure

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out :smile:!

Joao
Economics

Hi Joao,

Do you have any specific information on the application process for doing degrees in foreign universities, especially those that teach in English?

I'm currently weighing up my options of whether to do Physical Sciences/Engineering in a Scandinavian country, Canada, Germany, USA, or stay in the UK.

As the ELQ applies to me, it may mean there is little difference for me to do it in the UK if I am charged international student fees.

Thanks.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by MindMax2000
Hi Joao,

Do you have any specific information on the application process for doing degrees in foreign universities, especially those that teach in English?

I'm currently weighing up my options of whether to do Physical Sciences/Engineering in a Scandinavian country, Canada, Germany, USA, or stay in the UK.

As the ELQ applies to me, it may mean there is little difference for me to do it in the UK if I am charged international student fees.

Thanks.

Hi MindMax2000,

The UK is one of the world's most popular destinations for international students. More than 485,000 EU and international students enrol in the UK each year. Of these, 143,000 are from the EU. You have a choice of over 140 universities and other higher education institutions. Each offers a range of tertiary qualifications recognised around the world. Undergraduate applications to UK universities are usually made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

About the application process for the other countries you mentioned the best is for you to search it! Also, if you decide to study in the UK you can apply to a study abroad programme or an international placement year.

I think this may help you.

Study and work abroad:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/student-exchanges/study-abroad

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending