The Student Room Group

Why is my bestfriend obsessed with harry potter

My bsf is obsessed with harry potter and its beginning to seem like she is choosing harry potter and her other friends that like harry potter over me. Its getting to the point where its frustrating me. Like she is 11 and is planning to go see dobbys grave when we live in australia and covids a thing. Shes probably not even going to be friends with the same girls next year cause they are going to different high schools. I wish she would just get over her obsession. She thinks dobby is actually burried at the grave when he is a fictional character. Can anyone relate?
Original post by Aylanew1
My bsf is obsessed with harry potter and its beginning to seem like she is choosing harry potter and her other friends that like harry potter over me. Its getting to the point where its frustrating me. Like she is 11 and is planning to go see dobbys grave when we live in australia and covids a thing. Shes probably not even going to be friends with the same girls next year cause they are going to different high schools. I wish she would just get over her obsession. She thinks dobby is actually burried at the grave when he is a fictional character. Can anyone relate?

Honesty, there's not much you can do other than talk to her about it's all fictional and she's letting her head wrap around it too much. I know that with obsessions over certain, from personal experience, the only thing to do it let her get over it with time. Moreover she's 11, it's the age to get addicted into things like this, so I assume after a few months or years, she'll be over it. If it's really bothering you and your friendship, advocate to her about how you're feeling neglected. Additionally, try get her into something, maybe something you like, for example, if you like the Percy Jackson series, try getting her mind off Harry Potter and get her to read the Percy Jackson series. Overall, don't stress, she's at the age to do all of this!
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending