The Student Room Group

Do you think this was handled badly

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It’s fair treatment full stop. You participated in a fight. Technically you started the fight because you stole paper rather then asked the teacher for more or taken some lined paper from one of your books. There was no racism, stop looking for special treatment in this situation you did wrong and got fair punishment.

You just said that you think all teachers have the same nature and intentions as yours because your experiences are what happen everywhere and you expect me take that seriously? I doubt you hardly even cared about how your teachers dealed with fights in your school in the first place to even tell me this. I'm not saying this because of racism, thank you. You frankly just don't care about what you're saying.
Black tea the fact you were even oblivious to what I was insinuating about race in the first place shows that you already had no interest in what racist stereotypes or racist treatment people deal with. Whatever you see in movies, isn't comparable to real-life subtle racism that in the UK, there will not be many cases of where it's in your face and jumps right out at you like someone calling you the n-word. You get different treatment.
You just said that you think all teachers have the same nature and intentions as yours because your experiences are what happen everywhere and you expect me take that seriously? I doubt you hardly even cared about how your teachers dealed with fights in your school in the first place to even tell me this. I'm not saying this because of racism, thank you. You frankly just don't care about what you're saying.

What? I think you got me mixed up with someone else I didn’t say any of what you just said I did. That or you don’t comprehend properly.
You were in the wrong and got what you deserved. End of. No racism or ignorance or anything occurred. You don’t turn up to school on time that gets you a bad rep with staff. Then you get in a fight in class. You refuse to take responsibility. You said you don’t want to come across like a 10 year old yet fighting and not taking responsibility is acting like a 10 year old.

Now can you just move on.
I honestly don’t see how you could think this was handled badly.

Two people fighting
Two people punished equally.
End of.
You were in the wrong and got what you deserved. End of. No racism or ignorance or anything occurred. You don’t turn up to school on time that gets you a bad rep with staff. Then you get in a fight in class. You refuse to take responsibility. You said you don’t want to come across like a 10 year old yet fighting and not taking responsibility is acting like a 10 year old.

Now can you just move on.

Thanks. Staffs opinions on me should definitely impact how they should respond to situations, and yeah I definitely deserve to be put down that way over a girl overreacting over the paper and her stuff being on the floor.
Thanks. Staffs opinions on me should definitely impact how they should respond to situations, and yeah I definitely deserve to be put down that way over a girl overreacting over the paper and her stuff being on the floor.

I know this is sarcasm but it’s true, just worded badly from your end. Now this is done.
Black tea the fact you were even oblivious to what I was insinuating about race in the first place shows that you already had no interest in what racist stereotypes or racist treatment people deal with. Whatever you see in movies, isn't comparable to real-life subtle racism that in the UK, there will not be many cases of where it's in your face and jumps right out at you like someone calling you the n-word. You get different treatment.

I was not oblivious, I wanted you to say what you were insinuating. And just to point out, the only people whose race you mentioned in your original post was that of you on the other girl.

I also find it ironic that you seem to be making assumptions about my race...
Original post by black tea
I was not oblivious, I wanted you to say what you were insinuating. And just to point out, the only people whose race you mentioned in your original post was that of you on the other girl.

I also find it ironic that you seem to be making assumptions about my race...

The assumption was made nowhere. Quote where I did
The assumption was made nowhere. Quote where I did

Your whole post implies I have no experience of racism.
Original post by black tea
Your whole post implies I have no experience of racism.

whether you knew what stereotype i was referring to or not has nothing to do with me :/ you really like telling me my own intentions
How is being disciplined for fighting-or being late got anything to do with racism?
Don’t want to get in trouble-don’t do things that will get you in trouble 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by GabiAbi84
How is being disciplined for fighting-or being late got anything to do with racism?
Don’t want to get in trouble-don’t do things that will get you in trouble 🤷🏼*♀️

The title says "do you think this was handled correctly?", it wasn't "do you think this was racism?" and to that, I want to say that I wasn't actually saying that this was an act of racism, I was saying that it is possible that race could have influenced the decision. I don't understand why people on tsr love talking about race so much, it wasnt the main topic yet you've somehow found a way to make it that way.
I think it's a fair punishment. Though it may be the other person that started the fight, it's unfortunate that you decided to continue it. I get what you're trying to put across, in that you weren't initially at fault, however I feel the fight could've been avoided. Telling the teacher about having been called the b-word is the most appropriate thing to have done; if you're less easily offended, you could simply ignore them all together.
The title says "do you think this was handled correctly?", it wasn't "do you think this was racism?" and to that, I want to say that I wasn't actually saying that this was an act of racism, I was saying that it is possible that race could have influenced the decision. I don't understand why people on tsr love talking about race so much, it wasnt the main topic yet you've somehow found a way to make it that way.

You’re the one who brought race into it-not me.

And I think it was handled correctly.
You both got into trouble.
You were both at fault.
You’re the one who brought race into it-not me.

And I think it was handled correctly.
You both got into trouble.
You were both at fault.

I stated our races. That's literally all I did...no one told you to post about racism?
Original post by cleveranimal56
I think it's a fair punishment. Though it may be the other person that started the fight, it's unfortunate that you decided to continue it. I get what you're trying to put across, in that you weren't initially at fault, however I feel the fight could've been avoided. Telling the teacher about having been called the b-word is the most appropriate thing to have done; if you're less easily offended, you could simply ignore them all together.

I see what you mean, thanks
I see what you mean, thanks

No problem. It's unfortunate that some staff members couldn't care less about their jobs nowadays: they're doing the bare minimum for their pay check.
I stated our races. That's literally all I did...no one told you to post about racism?

For literally no reason.
And then “explained” it by saying that the teacher was Caucasian.
Talking about “insinuations”

End of the day, you were fighting in the classroom.
You were caught, the teacher did her job and disciplined you.
Nothing unfair about it.
For literally no reason.
And then “explained” it by saying that the teacher was Caucasian.
Talking about “insinuations”

End of the day, you were fighting in the classroom.
You were caught, the teacher did her job and disciplined you.
Nothing unfair about it.

Like I said, if I was saying this was an act of racism there would be a different title. Don't blame your obsession for racism on me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending