The Student Room Group

First time drawing a "realistic" image.. How can I improve?

bp drawing.jpg
Tbh that looks amazingggg. Far better than what I could do any day💯.
I can't give tips since I think you are better than me lol but keep it up and practice!😍
Evidently, you have great artistic skills. I tried my hand at drawing long ago, but it was simply terrible. Some people are born to be artistic, and some are not.
Reply 3
Original post by Justaboutalive
Tbh that looks amazingggg. Far better than what I could do any day💯.
I can't give tips since I think you are better than me lol but keep it up and practice!😍

TY:u:. Every artist has their strengths, you just need to find what they are. Then watch you draw better than me.
Reply 4
Original post by No More Returns
Evidently, you have great artistic skills. I tried my hand at drawing long ago, but it was simply terrible. Some people are born to be artistic, and some are not.

EHHHHH, IDK bout that. TY for the compliment, but imo everyone can draw. It's just about practice. Yes, some people are born talented with art, but that doesn't mean that you still aren't talented. Just some people have to put more work in to become successful. Dont give up.

Edit: I still cant draw hands..:sad:
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
TY:u:. Every artist has their strengths, you just need to find what they are. Then watch you draw better than me.

Ahah thanks lol. I am trying to draw realistic hair, as well as delving into watercolor rn.
Nah you are an awesome artist😆.
Reply 6
Ahah thanks lol. I am trying to draw realistic hair, as well as delving into watercolor rn.
Nah you are an awesome artist😆.

Ive tried a semi-realistic portrait and i know a few tips about hair. Dont do thick and clear strokes of hair. You need to do light strokes and then shade in and create highlights.
Capturehr.PNG
^^^ found this one from google. See how the hair strands aren't clearly visible and how it blends from dark to the highlights.
Capturemyhr.jpg
^^^ This was the one i did. The hair looks more stiff..

Do u get what i mean?
Ive tried a semi-realistic portrait and i know a few tips about hair. Dont do thick and clear strokes of hair. You need to do light strokes and then shade in and create highlights.
Capturehr.PNG
^^^ found this one from google. See how the hair strands aren't clearly visible and how it blends from dark to the highlights.
Capturemyhr.jpg

Do u get what i mean?

Ooh thanks for the tips, tbh I've just been doing lil sketches and softly working my way to make it more detailed. Your portrait there is really good!
I also want to do them in ink haha.
Currently my work is more cartoony? I drew this a while back:

Screenshot_20210421-023152.jpg

I think I need to do more gradual shading as you suggested lol
Reply 8
Capturehr.PNG
Capturemyhr.jpg

Do u get what i mean?

Is the first one Hrithik roshan?
Reply 9
Original post by Amin7
Is the first one Hrithik roshan?

They both are.. But mine doesnt really look like him lol
Ooh thanks for the tips, tbh I've just been doing lil sketches and softly working my way to make it more detailed. Your portrait there is really good!
I also want to do them in ink haha.
Currently my work is more cartoony? I drew this a while back:

Screenshot_20210421-023152.jpg

I think I need to do more gradual shading as you suggested lol

it looks really good. Ye, go a bit darker at the bottom and top and leave the middle a little lighter.
Reply 11
They both are.. But mine doesnt really look like him lol

No, the first one defo looks like him.
it looks really good. Ye, go a bit darker at the bottom and top and leave the middle a little lighter.

Thank you!
Will defo do that, with practice maybe I'll get to where you are haha.
Thank you!
Will defo do that, with practice maybe I'll get to where you are haha.

:cool:
All you guys are so talented! I can't draw worth a **** lol

Quick Reply

Latest