The Student Room Group

Placement year before masters?

Hi. I am an international student. I was just wondering whether i should apply to a uni with a placement year or not. I've read that i should do a placement year but what if i want to go for masters straight away after undergrad in a another country? Should i still consider taking a placement year?
Original post by SnippetyPick32
Hi. I am an international student. I was just wondering whether i should apply to a uni with a placement year or not. I've read that i should do a placement year but what if i want to go for masters straight away after undergrad in a another country? Should i still consider taking a placement year?

Hello @SnippetyPick32,

I think that a placement year would be really beneficial! It would allow you to gain valuable experience relating to your degree which would be impressive to future employers!

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help:smile:

Gabrielle- University of Hull Rep
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hello @SnippetyPick32,

I think that a placement year would be really beneficial! It would allow you to gain valuable experience relating to your degree which would be impressive to future employers!

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help:smile:

Gabrielle- University of Hull Rep

Ok so the placement year will be helpful when applying to jobs in the future. Will it help me when i will be applying to another country for masters lets say canada? Will my placement year give me a better chance of getting accepted to a canadian university for masters?
Hello! So a placement is incredibly beneficial towards a job but it might also give you ideas for a project for your masters which will help you in interviews and unis are judged on how many grads are employed after 6 months so being more employable makes your mroe desirable, could you do a masters with an integrate placement year anyway? Some unis even if you are on a bachelors will offer you a masters provided you have the grades and just defer the offer if you go on placement
In summary I really don't think it is an issue, you should be fine. Currently I am on placement, I can't recommend it enough, I am not an international student and nor do I plan it so feel free to take my advice with a pince of salt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending