The Student Room Group

Bad A-level economics teacher - Please help

I'm in year 12 and my A-level Economics teacher is simply terrible. They can't teach and I have no idea how they became a teacher in the first place. How do I teach myself A-level Economics? I have the new 2020 Textbook which covers the whole 2 year course but does anybody else have any suggestions?
Original post by Oceanwater
I'm in year 12 and my A-level Economics teacher is simply terrible. They can't teach and I have no idea how they became a teacher in the first place. How do I teach myself A-level Economics? I have the new 2020 Textbook which covers the whole 2 year course but does anybody else have any suggestions?

econplusdal. he saved my entire a level career. i had a bad teacher in yr 12 as well. also get the cgp revision guide and download loadsss of practice exams to do and focus on essay structure first then actually move focus to essay content( figure out how you're going to write it then what you're going to write)
Original post by zodisagoddess21
econplusdal. he saved my entire a level career. i had a bad teacher in yr 12 as well. also get the cgp revision guide and download loadsss of practice exams to do and focus on essay structure first then actually move focus to essay content( figure out how you're going to write it then what you're going to write)

Yeah I've got econplusdal too but he doesn't go over all of the spec. Still good tho! Taught me better than me teacher ever will. I'll use some of him, past paper questions, the textbook and the specification. Do you think I still have time to get good predicted grades? They're the one marking my essays and they're just terrible at explaining why I'm not getting full marks.

I've watched Econplusdal's video on how to structure essay but I tried in my exam and she didn't like it even. Though my teacher recommended the video. So now, I don't know how to structure my essays and yet, my teacher gives out so many damn past papers it's ridiculous.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest