The Student Room Group

Can i go from a C to an A in A - level?

I got a 37/90 in AS and i need a 72/90 in A levels to secure an A. is it possible? my main concern is essays as we really don't have a proper teacher in school that teaches us how to write and structure essays. also if anyone has model answers please do send them as im desperate atp lol
Original post by sxiif
I got a 37/90 in AS and i need a 72/90 in A levels to secure an A. is it possible? my main concern is essays as we really don't have a proper teacher in school that teaches us how to write and structure essays. also if anyone has model answers please do send them as im desperate atp lol

I got a U in chemsitry in year 12 and ended up with a B. It’s definitely possible. I didn’t do essay subjects but I know there’s a lot of online resources and YouTube videos and such. Is there any other teacher in the department or who teaches a subject that has similar structured essays that you could ask? Could you talk to students in your class that scored higher than you?
Reply 2
Original post by flamingolover
I got a U in chemsitry in year 12 and ended up with a B. It’s definitely possible. I didn’t do essay subjects but I know there’s a lot of online resources and YouTube videos and such. Is there any other teacher in the department or who teaches a subject that has similar structured essays that you could ask? Could you talk to students in your class that scored higher than you?

unfortunately economics is like a one of a kind subject as the marking schemes award marks in a way which only an economics teacher would know. As for the students in my class well they're all in the same boat as me. Thanks for the helpful advice tho appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest