The Student Room Group

Does an EPQ essay have to be somewhat scientific?

My EPQ is Art History based and I am researching the messaging and imagery in a painting. All of the examples of EPQs I have read have been some sort of debate with methodologies and scienctific methods. Is that what the EPQ is expected to be? Or is a discussion (or similar) okay?
Thank you!
Original post by alphabetsoup64
My EPQ is Art History based and I am researching the messaging and imagery in a painting. All of the examples of EPQs I have read have been some sort of debate with methodologies and scienctific methods. Is that what the EPQ is expected to be? Or is a discussion (or similar) okay?
Thank you!

An EPQ definitely does not need to be science related! I did mine on "Are humans the most intelligent species?" which did discuss scientific points but it is not necessary! I have friends who wrote dissertations on abortion rights, the death penalty, fashion through the ages, the legality of drugs and they got great grades. As long as you pick a topic you love and that you can make different arguments about go for it! I hope this helps and wishing you the best luck... happy to help with any questions!
You most definitely don’t need to have a science related EPQ. I know someone who did hers on the origins of dance and dance through time and she got an a*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending