The Student Room Group

Does it matter if my epq topic is different to the degree I want to do?

I'm hoping to go into law but am thinking about writing a history related epq topic. Will this affect me in any way when applying to do laws at uni?
Reply 1
No, it will have no impact whatsoever.
No it does not matter just do what you enjoy - to get an A you will need to be very motivated with what your essay is about :smile:
Reply 3
no, unis usually appreciate the skills brought with an epq i.e., time management, essay writing etc more than the actual topic. do something you’re interested and passionate about itll make the process a lot easier!
Original post by Xrffyuhstyhbf
I'm hoping to go into law but am thinking about writing a history related epq topic. Will this affect me in any way when applying to do laws at uni?

Hi there

I do not think it will affect your application for a law degree. Rather, you could always choose to highlight the relevant skills that you have gained during the EPQ. Examples of this could be transferrable skills: research, independent studies, reading, organisation etc. All of these are qualities that will be important to law students. :smile: (However, I would recommend looking for different experiences that you can mention in your personal statement, instead of relying on the EPQ project completely. )

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending