The Student Room Group

A Level Bio Help

I have my year 12 mocks in a month and I just did a past paper as instructed by my teacher and i got a D. How can I get my grades up/technique up for the mocks?? I know everyone says to do past papers but how do you actually learn from them ??
Past papers are really useful for biology honestly.
1) Learn the keywords: There are some questions that repeat, for example transcribing and translation. Understand what specific words are expected from you so you could include them in your answer.
2) Each command word in a questions expects you do do something going through past papers will help you know that.
Reply 2
considering how low ur grade is, ur probably not even secure with the content yet... so at this stage it'd probably be better for u to stick with summary questions etc than use past papers/exam style questions... ie general revision
once ur secure with the content, move onto past papers so u can work on exam technique

Original post by meganw03
I have my year 12 mocks in a month and I just did a past paper as instructed by my teacher and i got a D. How can I get my grades up/technique up for the mocks?? I know everyone says to do past papers but how do you actually learn from them ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending