The Student Room Group

why don't unis let students see past paper mark schemes

ive done a past paper. but what was and is the point if we cannot see mark schemes and ive contacted the lecturer and he won't mark it for me. how will I know if I have got the right answers?
At least you get past papers. My uni doesn’t release even those.
Reply 2
What subject?
If it's STEM you should find people who have also done it and compare
Expecting a lecturer to take time to mark PAST papers doesn't sound very realistic given how much trouble they have marking actual work. :redface:
Original post by raspberry.x
ive done a past paper. but what was and is the point if we cannot see mark schemes and ive contacted the lecturer and he won't mark it for me. how will I know if I have got the right answers?

Hello!

This sounds very frustrating! It's a shame your lecturer won't mark it or provide a specific mark scheme. However, you should be able to ask for a revision session/seminar to prepare for an exam or if not some key tips for things to revise for seeing as you can't have the mark scheme for past papers provided.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
My uni seems to be the only one that does.

If the solutions exist and they have access to them, there is absolutely no good reason why they shouldn't release it. (that they might re-use the question isn't an especially good reason) If they belonged to an old lecturer and he's new, not really much he can do. You could try bringing the concern up with your SSLC.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending