The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can I switch from EIE to Computing (MEng)?

I currently have an A-Level offer for 2021 entry into MEng Electronic and information engineering at Imperial, but I would like to switch to MEng Computing instead, would this be possible? And if I were to email the university about it before I start could it possibly affect my offer?
Original post by Anonymous
I currently have an A-Level offer for 2021 entry into MEng Electronic and information engineering at Imperial, but I would like to switch to MEng Computing instead, would this be possible? And if I were to email the university about it before I start could it possibly affect my offer?

It won’t hurt to ask, but probably unlikely, they are in different departments, Computing requires higher level maths skills and admissions tutors are being VERY cautious at the moment due to a combination of a large block of deferred students coming in from 2020 and also uncertainty about teacher assessed grades and expected grade inflation.
(edited 2 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

They'll probably make you reapply either while you are at imperial or if you take a gap year and still make you take STEP. The computing department seems pretty strict. Ik someone that asked to switch to computing who has been told to reapply and there was someone switching from maths to computing that had completed the first year and they were still making them take STEP. Its the most competitive department iirc so it will be fairly difficult.

Why do you want to switch ?

Hi!

I'm Anudi, a student rep for Imperial. Unfortunately I don't know much about course changes, but I would say the best thing to do is to ask the Computing department if this would be allowed. However, it is worth noting that while changing to a different course in the same department may be allowed, changing to a different department may require you to reapply.

You can contact the Computing department by emailing [email protected] .

Hope this helps, and all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending