The Student Room Group

MEng or BEng?

Is it easier to get into MEng or being courses, because looking at the website admissions report for UCL, edinborugh and nearly all other universities it is a higher offer rate for MEng courses? Anyone know why this is?
Original post by TWaynefromthe9
Is it easier to get into MEng or being courses, because looking at the website admissions report for UCL, edinborugh and nearly all other universities it is a higher offer rate for MEng courses? Anyone know why this is?

Maybe people applying for MEng are more likely to meet the required grades? But I don't see why this matters; if you have the required grades (in the required subjects) you'll have no issues securing offers to study engineering at university.
Original post by TWaynefromthe9

Hi there , MEng is a four year integrated course that combines both your undergrad and post graduate and does require higher grades to get into. I assume this is because you would not reapply apply for post grad after undergrad.
Personally I think its better to do the undergrad first then do the post grad separately purely because after three years of a course you might find that you want to do a different masters . For example I am currently doing my undergrad in energy engineering but I could do my masters in a number of different courses even information systems or project management.
Based on the mark requirement it is easier to get onto the BEng course but you are still eligible to continue with an MEng at a later stage , at DMU in second or third year you can make the switch to MEng from BEng but this might not be the case everywhere , I strongly advise you to attend some open days and hear what other university policies are on the switch.
Regardless welcome to the world of STEM and I hope this helps habit .
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest