The Student Room Group

Engineering or Physical Natural Sciences

Have been in a little predicament constantly switching between Engineering an PhysNatSci
Since i do Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and have solid interests in Chemistry but unsure on pursuing it in the Future.
I have mostly geared my Summer towards Engineering w/ things such as Summer Schools and reading books specifically for a certain discipline of Engineering in hopes of preparing a Solid Personal Statement for an Engineering Application. However now I'm having second thoughts

Was wondering if i could gather some thoughts from people who perhaps have had to make this decision as well, or anyones opinions? Thanks!
Original post by florakathefloor
Have been in a little predicament constantly switching between Engineering an PhysNatSci
Since i do Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and have solid interests in Chemistry but unsure on pursuing it in the Future.
I have mostly geared my Summer towards Engineering w/ things such as Summer Schools and reading books specifically for a certain discipline of Engineering in hopes of preparing a Solid Personal Statement for an Engineering Application. However now I'm having second thoughts

Was wondering if i could gather some thoughts from people who perhaps have had to make this decision as well, or anyones opinions? Thanks!

What do you want to do after university? If you're interested in - or at least considering - a career in engineering, then study engineering. Otherwise, physics/natural sciences might be more interesting to study at degree level, and still opens up plenty of job opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest