The Student Room Group

Natural science personal statement focused on one subject?

Hey, so I'm thinking of applying for earth sciences at Oxford, and then natural sciences for my other 4 choices (probably Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, and UCL), mainly because the earth science courses at other unis were less maths/physics and more geography/geology. Anyway my personal statement will primarily be talking about my interests and the books I've read in earth sciences, but will this still make a good personal statement for natural sciences too, or will I be disadvantaged for focusing only on one specific subject within natural sciences?
(edited 2 years ago)
Why would you aim your PS at the choice that places the least emphasis on it?
Original post by areallygoodname
Hey, so I'm thinking of applying for earth sciences at Oxford, and then natural sciences for my other 4 choices (probably Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, and UCL), mainly because the earth science courses at other unis were less maths/physics and more geography/geology. Anyway my personal statement will primarily be talking about my interests and the books I've read in earth sciences, but will this still make a good personal statement for natural sciences too, or will I be disadvantaged for focusing only on one specific subject within natural sciences?

I think this should be fine, but I'd suggest emphasising your interest in the interdisciplinary nature of the Earth Sciences in your personal statement (which shouldn't be too difficult since the Oxford course is really broad anyway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending