The Student Room Group

black/white couple

I'm a girl, and there's this guy who has kind of expressed interest in me, but I'm worried about my family being racist towards him, or his being racist towards me. He's a really cool guy and my dad SAYS he'd be cool with me dating someone of another race, but put into practice I don't know how he would react. The guy has also expressed concern, not directly to me, about us being of different race.

Advice or any positive reassurance?
If he says he’ll be cool, I’d just take his word for it.
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
Most reasonable people have no desire to get involved in other people's relationships or act like criminals.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
Most reasonable people have no desire to get involved in other people's relationships or act like criminals.

lol my gut says he's hot and nice soooooooooooooooooo.

yeah. My family is a special sort
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If he says he’ll be cool, I’d just take his word for it.

thank ya! I don't think he'd say anything, but he would silently protest
Original post by Anonymous
thank ya! I don't think he'd say anything, but he would silently protest

Sounds rather stupid imo.

If he’s doing that, I’d suggest arguing with him so that he knows you’re not okay with that nonsense.

Then eventually just move out.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl, and there's this guy who has kind of expressed interest in me, but I'm worried about my family being racist towards him, or his being racist towards me. He's a really cool guy and my dad SAYS he'd be cool with me dating someone of another race, but put into practice I don't know how he would react. The guy has also expressed concern, not directly to me, about us being of different race.

Advice or any positive reassurance?

Kind of expressed interest?
But you wanna meet his family? You're not even dating lol what's his race and yours. You're anon already so you can share that much.
Reply 7
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Kind of expressed interest?
But you wanna meet his family? You're not even dating lol what's his race and yours. You're anon already so you can share that much.

He wanted to take me on a date but he was worried.
I'm caucasian, he'.. I'm not sure.
Reply 8
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Sounds rather stupid imo.

If he’s doing that, I’d suggest arguing with him so that he knows you’re not okay with that nonsense.

Then eventually just move out.

It probably actually won't be a problem for a bit, because he is moving to another state sooooo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending