The Student Room Group

Head Boy Interviews

What should I expect from a Head Boy interview?
Questions about what you will do as head boy
And how will you do them
And what skills do you have to back this up
What do you expect to be doing as head boy
How will you support the team you have, what experiences and skills do you have to back it up

Tbh there are plenty of thread with really good advice and I would just go through them!

Remember to shake your interviews hand or elbow bump in this case. Feel free to say I would shake you hand but corona, I'll settle for an elbow bump
Normally gets a laugh and makes you memorable!
Do you go to a private school? In all my years of living i've never heard of such a thing as interviewing for head boy/prefect etc. Normally it just goes to the worst behaved kids so they have something to put on their CV, or the opposite and it goes to the kids the HoS/HoY likes best.
Original post by Roasted Potato
Questions about what you will do as head boy
And how will you do them
And what skills do you have to back this up
What do you expect to be doing as head boy
How will you support the team you have, what experiences and skills do you have to back it up

Tbh there are plenty of thread with really good advice and I would just go through them!

Remember to shake your interviews hand or elbow bump in this case. Feel free to say I would shake you hand but corona, I'll settle for an elbow bump
Normally gets a laugh and makes you memorable!

Thanks for the advice, it was pretty accurate. The shaking hands comment went down well 😁
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Do you go to a private school? In all my years of living i've never heard of such a thing as interviewing for head boy/prefect etc. Normally it just goes to the worst behaved kids so they have something to put on their CV, or the opposite and it goes to the kids the HoS/HoY likes best.

I go to a public school, but this is the first year that they’ve done interviews for us. Quite strange.
Original post by Ben_McDaniels
Thanks for the advice, it was pretty accurate. The shaking hands comment went down well 😁

Excellent! Good luck!
For my head girl interview they asked why I’d be a good fit, how I’d speak to prospective parents and student, how I’d talk to people in public if they asked about the school, how I’d deal with younger students in the school if they asked for help, what would I do if I saw another pupil having a difficult time, how I’d communicate and work with staff, what impression of the school would I project etc
Original post by Aethomson
For my head girl interview they asked why I’d be a good fit, how I’d speak to prospective parents and student, how I’d talk to people in public if they asked about the school, how I’d deal with younger students in the school if they asked for help, what would I do if I saw another pupil having a difficult time, how I’d communicate and work with staff, what impression of the school would I project etc

Thanks! These were pretty much the questions I was asked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending