The Student Room Group

Denied a Tuition fee wrongfully?

Hello, I have applied for funding in a course Illustration and Animation and when applying and asked what I had studied before I placed my diploma level 3 as I thought that was required to be granted the loan.
I had received initially a mail saying I already had studied 2 years of higher education and then when appealed that they said I stated that I already studied 2 years before (where i believe i made this mistake adding my college studies)
I have been battling since trying to get this sorted and every time I call SLC they give me different information on what to do.
I am extremely stressed about not getting my loan and they granted me with the lowest maintenance loan as well, it seems my whole application has gone absolutely wrong.

Could someone please advise me on what I should do and how to correct this and how to move forward?

Kind regards

A very very sad and stressed future student
Original post by Euryale82
Hello, I have applied for funding in a course Illustration and Animation and when applying and asked what I had studied before I placed my diploma level 3 as I thought that was required to be granted the loan.
I had received initially a mail saying I already had studied 2 years of higher education and then when appealed that they said I stated that I already studied 2 years before (where i believe i made this mistake adding my college studies)
I have been battling since trying to get this sorted and every time I call SLC they give me different information on what to do.
I am extremely stressed about not getting my loan and they granted me with the lowest maintenance loan as well, it seems my whole application has gone absolutely wrong.

Could someone please advise me on what I should do and how to correct this and how to move forward?

Kind regards

A very very sad and stressed future student

Contact SFE by direct message during working hours on Facebook or Twitter. Explain that you listed an FE course as previous study by mistake and ask how to put it right.
They might need a letter from your college confirming that your diploma was an FE course and not HE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending