The Student Room Group

I'm having a hard time choosing between triple btec media or just doing a levels

I want to become a 2d animator and I'm not sure if I should choose triple btec media or just a levels. If I choose btec media will I still be able to get accepted into a 2d animation course at uni if my portfolio is good enough?
Original post by Tomi007
I want to become a 2d animator and I'm not sure if I should choose triple btec media or just a levels. If I choose btec media will I still be able to get accepted into a 2d animation course at uni if my portfolio is good enough?

I would always recommend BTEC over A-levels. But that's just me. One of my biggest mistakes was thinking that I had to take the academic route rather than vocational because only "incapable" people choose vocational routes. Obviously not true at all but thats what my family believed so it brushed off on me. If I could go back I would definitely go for the vocational route and do BTEC. A levels are very hard, you have to work twice as hard for the same grade. You get the same benefits by the end as well. I dont see the point in doing a-levels unless your applying for medical school or something, or you're really passionate about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending