The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys! I've also sent off an application to MPhil Computational Biology (as well as MPhil Basic and Translational Neuroscience). Interestingly, it seems to have an internship + report rather than a standard diss.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Anonymous
Anybody else here for PhD sociology?

Me!!:-)
Me!!:-)

Hello!!! Have you heard anything back yet or is your application still under review?
If my application is still on 'submitted', does that mean it is actually not under departmental review yet or is it just an administration issue?
Original post by betweenalaska
If my application is still on 'submitted', does that mean it is actually not under departmental review yet or is it just an administration issue?

Hello! If your application just says 'submitted' it is not under departmental review yet. You will get an email notification when it moves to the next stage. But do get in touch with your department if it has been stuck on this for a while (i.e. a month or so), as it could be an admin issue :smile:
Received a rejection for Gates Cambridge this morning at 2:41 PM GMT. Hope everyone else has better luck!
Potentially dumb question, but does a rejection by Gates Cambridge automatically mean a rejection from Cambridge?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sadiecat17
Received a rejection for Gates Cambridge this morning at 2:41 PM GMT. Hope everyone else has better luck!

Sorry to read this sad note. Hopefully you are successful with the Cambridge Trust.
Original post by anarina
Potentially dumb question, but does a rejection by Gates Cambridge automatically mean a rejection from Cambridge?

No, not at all! Gates is incredibly more competitive than admission to the University.
Original post by anarina

Not really. Two different application paths.
How long does PAO take to approve on average?
I read the previous posts it can take up to 2 weeks.
Original post by Ethelreda
No, not at all! Gates is incredibly more competitive than admission to the University.

Original post by Wired_1800
Not really. Two different application paths.

Awesome, thank you both. I submitted before the later deadline so I've not heard back yet, but I realise this is a question I should have asked and asked it now!
How long does PAO take to approve on average?
I read the previous posts it can take up to 2 weeks.

Standard is about 2 weeks but could be longer during peak period.
Any MPhil in Environmental Policy applicants? Or any course in the Dept of Land Economy?
Reply 594
Original post by anarina
Any MPhil in Environmental Policy applicants? Or any course in the Dept of Land Economy?

Hi,
I applied for the PhD of Land Economy. Just waiting to see if I can secure any funding.
Original post by Mar91
Hi,
I applied for the PhD of Land Economy. Just waiting to see if I can secure any funding.

Congratulations on your offer! I hope you secure all the funding you need!

How long did it take from review - PAO/GAO?
Reply 596
Original post by anarina
Congratulations on your offer! I hope you secure all the funding you need!

How long did it take from review - PAO/GAO?

Thank you very much!
I submitted my application November 10th, moved to PAO on November 24th and got my offer on November 29th.
I hope you receive good news very soon!
Reply 597
Original post by Mar91
Thank you very much!
I submitted my application November 10th, moved to PAO on November 24th and got my offer on November 29th.
I hope you receive good news very soon!

That’s an ideal timeline. Just 2 weeks before the PAO.
CONGRATS on your offer.
Reply 598
Original post by mirpth
That’s an ideal timeline. Just 2 weeks before the PAO.
CONGRATS on your offer.

Yeah, I did not expect this. I think this was because I was in close contact with my supervisors before filling an application.
But anyway, without funding, it is very hard to start PhD studies. So, finger crossed for funding.
Who else has applied for the PhD in POLIS ? :smile: Submitted mine two days ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending