The Student Room Group

BRTC - any questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Brilliant.
Also, when do you find out your start date for phase 2? Thanks for all your help.
Original post by Rizfoz
Brilliant.
Also, when do you find out your start date for phase 2? Thanks for all your help.

We didn’t find ours out until the last week, they tend not to tell you until everyone’s passed the final inspection. It can always change after they tell you as well.
I am due to start VERY soon ( I see we cant post dates) I am meant to of had an email with an invite to a microsoft teams event with the staff from halton just as a familiarisation chat. I have not received this email yet and I have been told it will be held this Friday. Can you tell me what would be said at this meating and what I am missing.
I am also of meant to have an email about my defence learning log in. I have not received this either. I am worried when I get to Halton I will be seen as unprepared as I havnt created a login or password for the acount.
I have tried emailing AFCO yet of course with the Christmas holidays they wont be back in the office until the day I actually leave for Halton.
Original post by cycleintothe
I am due to start VERY soon ( I see we cant post dates) I am meant to of had an email with an invite to a microsoft teams event with the staff from halton just as a familiarisation chat. I have not received this email yet and I have been told it will be held this Friday. Can you tell me what would be said at this meating and what I am missing.
I am also of meant to have an email about my defence learning log in. I have not received this either. I am worried when I get to Halton I will be seen as unprepared as I havnt created a login or password for the acount.
I have tried emailing AFCO yet of course with the Christmas holidays they wont be back in the office until the day I actually leave for Halton.

Have you got any contact details for the people at Halton? I can’t remember what or who’s best to contact. Don’t worry about it too much I can remember people not having a log in for a good couple weeks
Original post by username0147
Have you got any contact details for the people at Halton? I can’t remember what or who’s best to contact. Don’t worry about it too much I can remember people not having a log in for a good couple weeks

Thanks for getting back to me.. my time is coming up so quickly I'm just getting so nervous hoping I am best prepared as possible.
I have managed to email one person saying I haven't received it. It should be in my emails yet I can not see it for the life of me. It is very frustrating.
I just cant get this fitness test on the first day out of my head.I feel semi confident with the run and sit ups. The pressups I know my form isnt going to be perfect but you will have to a be a bit of a bum to not allow them. Finally the dredded bleep test. I managed to get the score of 6.3 yesterday. that is 0.9 below the minimum of what i need. Im just hopping a gym setting and adreniline will magically make me get the extra bleeps.
Thanks for getting back to me.. my time is coming up so quickly I'm just getting so nervous hoping I am best prepared as possible.
I have managed to email one person saying I haven't received it. It should be in my emails yet I can not see it for the life of me. It is very frustrating.
I just cant get this fitness test on the first day out of my head.I feel semi confident with the run and sit ups. The pressups I know my form isnt going to be perfect but you will have to a be a bit of a bum to not allow them. Finally the dredded bleep test. I managed to get the score of 6.3 yesterday. that is 0.9 below the minimum of what i need. Im just hopping a gym setting and adreniline will magically make me get the extra bleeps.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the teams meeting a lot of people didn’t go on it on the course I was on.The login details also will be sorted out when you get there if you haven’t already done that.The fitness test, just push yourself in the bleep test it isn’t actually too bad as I thought I was going to fail.The press ups they aren’t too harsh on as long as you go far enough down to make a 90 degree angle in your arms and then all the way up to lock your arms out that’s fine. Enjoy your time at Halton, I hated it when I was there but looking back on it it was amazing.Especially the people you meet!Any more question just let me know.

Adrenaline will definitely help and people around you doing the same thing. But don’t stress it too much you will get retry’s at it before you get reflighted. And if you did keep failing it they would just push you back a couple weeks onto the intake after you
Original post by jdale999
I wouldn’t worry too much about the teams meeting a lot of people didn’t go on it on the course I was on.The login details also will be sorted out when you get there if you haven’t already done that.The fitness test, just push yourself in the bleep test it isn’t actually too bad as I thought I was going to fail.The press ups they aren’t too harsh on as long as you go far enough down to make a 90 degree angle in your arms and then all the way up to lock your arms out that’s fine. Enjoy your time at Halton, I hated it when I was there but looking back on it it was amazing.Especially the people you meet!Any more question just let me know.

Yeah at the time it’s the worst thing ever but make the most of it and appreciate it because you’ll miss it when you’re back home or even at phase 2
Yeah at the time it’s the worst thing ever but make the most of it and appreciate it because you’ll miss it when you’re back home or even at phase 2

What intake where you on?
Original post by jdale999
What intake where you on?

Pearson. You?
Pearson. You?

Douglas
Thank you for doing this it really helps everyone out.
I am currently one level off getting to where I need to be for the bleep test. Also my pressup form is definitely not up to scratch.... I am focusing on my fitness for the next 6 weeks before my start date.
I am very stressed that I am going to be giving up everthing including my flat to start and potential get sent home on the first day.
Did that happen to anyone?
If I am shy of reaching the bleep test even the second time will I get sent home or will I get to stay on site and get extra training until the next flight?
Thanks

I’m due to start phase 1 soon I was wondering what are the exams like?

Quick Reply

Latest