The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do in life after uni

long story short I got a 2:2 in chemical engineering from a top 10 uni and I don't know what to do in life anymore, I feel like a massive failure at life. I don't know any serious company that will take my grades for internships or grad jobs and since uni I have been borderline s****idal because I don't see what I have to offer to the world. I've been learning some coding but everytime I'm in any setting with academically gifted people I feel dumb and useless. Help?
3rd class degree from bottom 10 university after failing my last year once...

Still managed to get a good job in my profession so good luck to you as well. Just don’t give up and you will find a way
Original post by Young Petrelli
long story short I got a 2:2 in chemical engineering from a top 10 uni and I don't know what to do in life anymore, I feel like a massive failure at life. I don't know any serious company that will take my grades for internships or grad jobs and since uni I have been borderline s****idal because I don't see what I have to offer to the world. I've been learning some coding but everytime I'm in any setting with academically gifted people I feel dumb and useless. Help?

What have you applied for? What else did you do while at Uni? What feedback have you got from applications? Have you been in contact with your Uni careers service. There's really no reason why you can't get a graduate job, you just may have to be a bit more detailed on how you go about it.

First off, you might like to try the CV Help forum here on TSR where you can find out how to make the most of your CV and covering letter.
Original post by Young Petrelli

What were you intended to do before you obtained your classification (from your post it sounds like you might have had some idea)? And have you sought any help about your mental health?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending