The Student Room Group

which good univeristtes have a campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rxrx2004
Thank you all very much! So much information! Don't know how I'm going to narrow it down

Once you compare each unis characteristics:
Careers/exit prospects
The city size/amenities
Course requirements
Facilities
Student union societies/opportunities

Your list will start to narrow down your options
Reply 21
Original post by mnot
Once you compare each unis characteristics:
Careers/exit prospects
The city size/amenities
Course requirements
Facilities
Student union societies/opportunities

Your list will start to narrow down your options

thanks for the list mnot
Keele University has a lot of land too.It's super pretty!
Original post by Chocolatte148
Keele University has a lot of land too.It's super pretty!

Thats a great suggestion. I believe that accommodation is very reasonable also?
Original post by rxrx2004
Hi everyone,
I don't think any of the unis in London have a campus or even Oxbridge for that matter, but I would like to go to a campus uni simply because it'd feel more home-ly. Which good universities have a campus?

Hi @rxrx2004,

I have just finished studying at Lancaster University which is a campus university! I have loved it. The campus is truly beautiful! You can view the campus here :smile:.

The Lancaster University campus occupies a beautiful 560-acre parkland site, yet is so close to Lancaster, the Lake District and other large cities. There is a train station in Lancaster which has great connections to lots of places around the UK and it really straightforward to get to London from here!

Something you might be interested in about Lancaster is the college system, slightly different to that offered by Oxbridge but it might appeal to you. At Lancaster the colleges are defined by your accommodation and are separate from your studies, you can find out more about the college system here - it really helps university feel like a home away from home.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Lancaster and if you want to chat to a current student on the course you are looking at studying, then you can do so here.

Wishing you all the best with whatever university you decide to study at - you will have the best time!

Rebecca (BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
Reply 25
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @rxrx2004,

I have just finished studying at Lancaster University which is a campus university! I have loved it. The campus is truly beautiful! You can view the campus here :smile:.

The Lancaster University campus occupies a beautiful 560-acre parkland site, yet is so close to Lancaster, the Lake District and other large cities. There is a train station in Lancaster which has great connections to lots of places around the UK and it really straightforward to get to London from here!

Something you might be interested in about Lancaster is the college system, slightly different to that offered by Oxbridge but it might appeal to you. At Lancaster the colleges are defined by your accommodation and are separate from your studies, you can find out more about the college system here - it really helps university feel like a home away from home.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Lancaster and if you want to chat to a current student on the course you are looking at studying, then you can do so here.

Wishing you all the best with whatever university you decide to study at - you will have the best time!

Rebecca (BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)

thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending