The Student Room Group

Help me make a decision

I have admission to study law at University of Kent , Birmingham, Surrey, what's the best choice
Original post by kwame Francis
I have admission to study law at University of Kent , Birmingham, Surrey, what's the best choice
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers. What course are you studying?

There are multiple things that you can consider when deciding which university to go to. For example, the location, the course you are studying, the content that is taught, you may also like to consider rankings, and future employment prospects.

I think it is important to look at what modules you can take for each course, different universities will have different structures, you may be able to choose your modules, or they may be compulsory. It is a good idea to have an overview of what you would like to study, contrasting the different options between each university may help you make an informed decision.

I am currently a final year law student at Kent, hopefully I can give you an insight into what it is like to study here. I have thoroughly enjoyed my studies, the staff are really supportive and friendly, I feel very comfortable asking questions, and I know support will be available. Kent law school offers a lot of support since year one (And this is most likely similar to different subjects too), for example mentoring buddies, academic advisors, subject specific support. Not only are we given with good academic support, outside our subjects we are offered a lot of other forms of help: for example, well-being and mental health support, career advising support, also help with coping with the recent increase in food prices. Having these in place, have made my experience at Kent really enjoyable.

The environment here is lovely, infrastructure and building are really well kept and neat, the area is a mix of greenery and city, with town just being 30 minutes walk away, the university has a bustling environment, but also many quiet areas on campus are available for those that want to study. If you have a chance to attend an open day, I would recommend having a look at different campuses, Kent offers really nice accommodations if you are interested in living on campus. Opening days are really a good way to get to know a university and assist you in making a decision. You may also be able to enquire about different courses and activities across campus.

Not only is studying important university, having a good work life balance is very important too. At Kent, there are multiple societies that you can get involved with. The student union also hosted a variety of events throughout the years. There is great diversity among the population of students, and I am sure you will meet people with similar interests and hobbies as you.

I hope these give you some ideas of what you can consider when making your decision. If you have any other queries, I'll be happy to answer them.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent student rep
Original post by kwame Francis

Hi there!

Congrats on your offers!

Speaking for Surrey Uni and Guildford as a town. Guildford is a lovely and peaceful town a 30-min train journey away from Central London. The main campus is a 10-min walk from both the train station and town centre, which has a lovely and vibrant high street, offering everything you need to thrive as a student here. The main campus, where you're likely to be staying as a law student, has restaurants, bars, shops, and even a nightclub (Rubix) which hosts some very exciting events and artists. The library is centrally located on campus and comprises five levels, which allows for all types of study styles you may have. There are also various other study spaces dotted around campus.

Regarding your course specifically, you can chat to our students and ask particular questions that will help you get a better feel for the course and the student experience.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Hope this helped!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending