Sharing bed with a mate

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a girl and a guy friend has offered me to stay over as i'm visiting their local area as it saves me a lot of money. I've stayed before while they were away which was fine, but this time they'll be there. They offered me to sleep in the bed with them (for me it's a no-no) which they thought was normal rather than the sofa. Should mention they used to fancy me years ago but have said they don't now for a while.

Is it weird they offered this?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really.
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes very creepy that they didn't suggest the sofa. Yikes. Big nope. Don't go there alone. Eek.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
Not really.
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
Yes very creepy that they didn't suggest the sofa. Yikes. Big nope. Don't go there alone. Eek.
I should mention they're also like 17 years older than me but are generally very respectful
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I should mention they're also like 17 years older than me but are generally very respectful
This changes things. Now, it's weird. I'd try to sleep on the sofa if I was you.
TFEU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I wouldn’t do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
This changes things. Now, it's weird. I'd try to sleep on the sofa if I was you.
yeah i will do but now feel weird about going at all if being alone in a small flat with me is gonna give them those vibes
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yikes. :eek4:
They sound like a pervy couple why may well be into some very strange kink or polyamorous activities.
I wouldn't come anywhere near their home when they were in and would think twice about housesitting for them too.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i will do but now feel weird about going at all if being alone in a small flat with me is gonna give them those vibes
If you feel uncomfortable, don't go - you'll be better off having not gone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yikes. :eek4:
They sound like a pervy couple why may well be into some very strange kink or polyamorous activities.
I wouldn't come anywhere near their home when they were in and would think twice about housesitting for them too.
Oh lol by 'they' i just meant him idk why i'm censoring genders
Satori Tendō
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This alone part really really bothers me. I hope they are respectful as you say but so far I don't see it.
Someone who thinks its normal or has the guts and nerve to suggest sleeping in a bed with a much younger vulnerable girl all on her own whom he once liked is a big big big big red flag.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't go near that flat. Big red flag, especially because he used to fancy you and is a guy who is 17 years older than you.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, it just seems like an inconvenience.

I don’t really know this person or their intentions, but it really just depends.

You might also not know the certain circumstances in their homes which lead to them suggesting their bed, instead of confrontation and calling it a red flag

I would just further ask why you couldn’t sleep on the couch.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Honestly, it just seems like an inconvenience.

I don’t really know this person or their intentions, but it really just depends.

You might also not know the certain circumstances in their homes which lead to them suggesting their bed, instead of confrontation and calling it a red flag

I would just further ask why you couldn’t sleep on the couch.
There is no issue with me sleeping on the couch when i asked, so i can do that. They had reassured me about a previous female friend sleeping their bed before by saying 'we didn't hookup or anything' even tho i didn't mention sex or hookups. I'll just have to try and ignore what might be going through his head and take my frumpiest Pyjamas and stay out of the way. He also asked if i would like to go to a spa/sauna with him while i was there
volka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He wants to have sex with you - if he says otherwise, he is lying. I personally would rather pay for a hotel room than stay with a guy who is suggesting this,
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He totally wants to bang. Be wary.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is no issue with me sleeping on the couch when i asked, so i can do that. They had reassured me about a previous female friend sleeping their bed before by saying 'we didn't hookup or anything' even tho i didn't mention sex or hookups. I'll just have to try and ignore what might be going through his head and take my frumpiest Pyjamas and stay out of the way. He also asked if i would like to go to a spa/sauna with him while i was there

Alright. He probably did so because that’s obviously the first assumption. To maybe like prove to you he’s not like that.

I would still just sleep on the couch though, and for the spa, it’s up to you if you want to go.

All just sounds like he’s trying to be nice to me, ngl.
most_cleverest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dont tell me ur 17...coz years ago when he fancied you, you were like 14...I think you should end it with this "friend" tbh, sounds weird and groomish
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems like a perfectly normal and kind gesture. Sleeping on a sofa is incredibly uncomfortable and terrible for your back.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've shared with mates before but if you're not comfortable then don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads