The Student Room Group

Psychology at uni

so i know i want to study Psychology at uni and i'm interested in applying to Cambridge, Durham, Bath, Leeds and Kings college london. i know some of these unis have great facilities and work placements for Psychology whereas others dont. but i don't know where i want to go. Does anyone have experience studying psychology at these unis??
Although she didn't study at any of those specifically, @Noodlzzz studied at a different uni with I think a similar/comparable course to most of those and might be able to offer some advice on what potentially to look for? It will probably depend a bit on what you want to get out of the course in the end though; what someone hoping to go on to do a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience will be looking for will probably be different from what someone wanting to do a DClinPsy will be looking for!
At BPS psych at top universities, the course content is going to be very similar. Facilities for work placements are great, but really at undergrad you won't be exposed to these.

I would say visit the cities as they are all very very different! Ih fact I don't think you could have picked 5 choices that weren't as diverse! :tongue:
Original post by Noodlzzz
At BPS psych at top universities, the course content is going to be very similar. Facilities for work placements are great, but really at undergrad you won't be exposed to these.

I would say visit the cities as they are all very very different! Ih fact I don't think you could have picked 5 choices that weren't as diverse! :tongue:

okay thanks! i'm trying to visit as many as possible before the applications are due in

Quick Reply

Latest