There's quite a few applying actually:
- lotusx
- Holsy
- O_d
- Nicolish
- nas7232
- somethingbeautiful
- magichearts

^ Obtained from the list of applicants and places noted in this thread!
Reply 2
Ive applied...but I am not very optimistic, should have done more research about their ukcat cut off system...was my first choice, was there at the medicine focused open day. liked it a lot, not particularly the city but the medschool!
Me :biggrin:
although dunno whether I'll end up at Leicester we'll see
I've applied! But i'm an intl student. I went to open day and I liked how the campus is away from the city. :smile:
I've applied. But I hate their stupid UKCAT scoring system. On the whole my score is fine, but the one section score will bring thei scores down grrr... Apart from that Leicester is a fine choice for me( fingers crossed).
Reply 6
i've applied!

btw Fr0z3nfl4m3s it says you have aknowledged by leicester does that mean you have had a letter of some sort to say that they have your application? if so when was your application sent off as i haven't heard back from leicester yet:frown:
Reply 7
Leicester is amazing! You will never regret choosing us! There is a reason why Leicester is number one for student satisfaction, and also there is a definitely Leicester medics always winning the prizes for being the most social at sports events with other medical schools :smile:
Reply 8
I've applied for Graduate Entry... although I'm not very optimistic either!
Reply 9
I considered it but after they replied to my email I thought it's best not to risk it! My friend is starting next year though having secured a deferred offer of a place.

By far the most popular choice this year seems to be Peninsula, every third person I see is applying there..!
Reply 10
I've applied for medicine at leicester, am just hoping they'll give me an offer.
trektor
i've applied!

btw Fr0z3nfl4m3s it says you have aknowledged by leicester does that mean you have had a letter of some sort to say that they have your application? if so when was your application sent off as i khaven't heard back from leicester yet:frown:

No basically they asked me for a fee status form because I'm a British citizen living abroad.
Reply 12
I've applied! Actually one of my favored ones. I went to the open day and loved it!

But the UKCAT scoring system will probably disadvantage me :frown:
Reply 13
modini
I've applied! Actually one of my favored ones. I went to the open day and loved it!

But the UKCAT scoring system will probably disadvantage me :frown:

lol i reckon the UKCAT will advantage me as i have an average below 600 but a lowest score in the 500's putting me on par with some people with much higher averages :smile: . also there is all equal weighting which makes it very fair.
Reply 14
trektor
lol i reckon the UKCAT will advantage me as i have an average below 600 but a lowest score in the 500's putting me on par with some people with much higher averages :smile: . also there is all equal weighting which makes it very fair.

Good point :wink: . But I think I score 3/5 on UKCAT and 3/5 on academic (bad GCSEs). That means I have to score 10/10 on reference and PS :s-smilie: .

Fingers crossed. :yep:

Is there any chance they will give an interview if only 15/20 is scored?
Reply 15
modini
Good point :wink: . But I think I score 3/5 on UKCAT and 3/5 on academic (bad GCSEs). That means I have to score 10/10 on reference and PS :s-smilie: .

Fingers crossed. :yep:

I thinks that it is all relative. maybe you might maybe you won't? i think it come down to the competition.

i think i get 3/5 for UKCAT but 5/5 for academic leaving a 8/10 for ps and ref so it seems ok.

but then thats only for an interview and during interview all that counts for nothing!
Reply 16

Yep, the cutoff is 16, but you can achieve an interview with 15 -obviously it depends on the applicants of the year, but there still is a chance!
Goodluck
Sorry how does the scoring system work? Sorry for being a bit ignorant =)
Reply 18
I posted this on a previous thread..

Hi guys, I'm a medic at Leicester, just started my first year.
Basically, there are 4 sections ranked out of 5. These are
Academic
Personal Statement
UKCAT
Reference

For academic stuff, if you are predicted 3 As at A level and have a good collection of A* and A at GCSE (you DON'T need loads of A* - thats for Birmingham) you will get a 5, therefore it follows that AAB predictions and some A* and A at GCSE will get you a 4

For personal statement I can't really help you - my guess is that it depends largely on who reads your personal statement etc, just make it as good as you can! (which goes without saying)

For UKCAT, they are seriously only taking an educated guess, as the UKCAT was only introduced in 2007, the first cohort haven't actually gone though the system yet -they are only 2nd years. So they don't know whether it actually makes you a better student. So while they do grade it, and it can make the difference between an interview or not, if you have 15/20 and UKCAT is dragging you down, then my guess would be that you may still have a chance

Reference, nothing you can really do about that at all - my only advice would be is to get the teacher to put info in that you are excluding from your ps just to give as much info as possible.

You need 16/20 to get an interview, but remember, once you get to interview then it is really mainly on the interview.

But i really would encourage you to apply to Leicester - because it really is amazing, it is so much fun!

Hope that helps and GOODLUCK GUYS!
Tinny,

Thanks for the info! I really hope I can get an interview at Leicester.

Latest

Trending

Trending