The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plain__jane
LSE is more for those who want to study maybe political science and economics

idk about that, that's just the name of the school - ofc they're gonna weave politics and economics into it, but I'm fairly sure they'd do it as much as other unis would do because of the implications - I guess I'm trying to say law and politics are inherently linked, but anyone applying to study law wouldn't do politics if ygm because they're pretty different in terms of the actual course itself
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah I get what you mean
Hi guys since uni applications are starting, I thought it’d be a lot more convenient to have a thread discussing anything related to law/lnat/applications!
Heyy
When do you plan to sit the LNAT? And what schools are you applying to?
Heyy
When do you plan to sit the LNAT? And what schools are you applying to?

Hii i’m planning to take it at the end of October! I’m applying to UCL, LSE, Kings, Bristol and Durham.
Original post by Sophxxxdd
Hii i’m planning to take it at the end of October! I’m applying to UCL, LSE, Kings, Bristol and Durham.

Ouuuu same except instead of LSE and Durham I'm applying to Leeds and Kent. Why all lnat schools? I know you can do it but won't it be better to have at least 1 safety school?
Oh there's another official law thread here, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7092529 in case you wanna join
Ouuuu same except instead of LSE and Durham I'm applying to Leeds and Kent. Why all lnat schools? I know you can do it but won't it be better to have at least 1 safety school?

Haha yeah i know it’s pretty risky but maybe i’ll put Warwick instead of Durham, not sure yet!!
Haha yeah i know it’s pretty risky but maybe i’ll put Warwick instead of Durham, not sure yet!!

Confidence is good but if you **** it up you are ****ed lmao

They’re all AAA* unis as well so you have no insurance (unless contextually eligible)
Original post by LawStudent456
Confidence is good but if you **** it up you are ****ed lmao

They’re all AAA* unis as well so you have no insurance (unless contextually eligible)

Im pretty certain that my grades will be fine, I think its external factors which I cannot control that may depend on my admission into these unis (etc. no. of deferrals this year, making it so much more competitive than it already is).
Hi, thought I'd jump on this thread as I'm applying for Law this year. Currently thinking of Oxford, Durham, Bristol, King's College but unsure of my fifth choice. How is everyone finding everything? LNAT prep etc? :smile:
Reply 31
hey, i'm applying to KCL, Glasgow, Newcastle and QMUL (still looking for a 5th choice). i'll be sitting my LNAT on October 10 and tbh i'm freaking out, nervous that i started preparing way too late and that i kind of screwed myself over already :/
Original post by isabel13x
Hi, thought I'd jump on this thread as I'm applying for Law this year. Currently thinking of Oxford, Durham, Bristol, King's College but unsure of my fifth choice. How is everyone finding everything? LNAT prep etc? :smile:

got my lnat this friday, and I'm also applying to Oxford, Durham and King's!
Original post by quasnee
hey, i'm applying to KCL, Glasgow, Newcastle and QMUL (still looking for a 5th choice). i'll be sitting my LNAT on October 10 and tbh i'm freaking out, nervous that i started preparing way too late and that i kind of screwed myself over already :/

How have u started studying for ur LNAT? Also don’t worry there’s still a month left it’s just enough time to revise for it:smile:
Original post by TheClaimsGuys

Goodluck with your lnat!
Has anyone done their LNAT?

good luck!! you'll do amazing. Do share how it goes!!
Original post by madlad2003
good luck!! you'll do amazing. Do share how it goes!!

Goodluck with your lnat!

Thank you 🙏🏾
Reply 38
How have u started studying for ur LNAT? Also don’t worry there’s still a month left it’s just enough time to revise for it:smile:

i started doing practice papers from various websites, but so far i'm scoring between 19/20, which isn't nearly enough. it's been really discouraging tbh, since it's an aptitude test that you're not really meant to study for, clearly the fact i'm doing crap means that i'm just not cut out for law
i'll keep practicing and hope for the best though

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do brill :smile: and cool! Are you applying to a specific Oxford college or doing an open application?

Latest

Trending

Trending