The Student Room Group

btec/access

I have a couple of questions tho.
A little back story....i was a law major back in my home country....then halfway through my degree I had to move to the UK.
Got here and figured I have to have a btec or a level to get into uni or an access course.

A lot of adults I met here discouraged me to continue with law cos "it doesn't have a lot of prospects especially since I'm black and not British."

1. Do think I should still go in for law?
2. Can I get a job with an access he diploma? Like fo I'm done with the course and I'm not ready to go to school, can I get a job with that diploma pending the time I'm not in school?

Since a lot of the adult discouraged me from continuing with my law, which makes me very sad tho, they said I should do a degree in nursing.

3. Do you think I should pick nursing over law?

Presently I'm confused as to whether or not I should do a btech or an access course 😭.

Thank you so much.
Reply 1
Original post by ifeoluwa.
I have a couple of questions tho.
A little back story....i was a law major back in my home country....then halfway through my degree I had to move to the UK.
Got here and figured I have to have a btec or a level to get into uni or an access course.

A lot of adults I met here discouraged me to continue with law cos "it doesn't have a lot of prospects especially since I'm black and not British."

1. Do think I should still go in for law?
2. Can I get a job with an access he diploma? Like fo I'm done with the course and I'm not ready to go to school, can I get a job with that diploma pending the time I'm not in school?

Since a lot of the adult discouraged me from continuing with my law, which makes me very sad tho, they said I should do a degree in nursing.

3. Do you think I should pick nursing over law?

Presently I'm confused as to whether or not I should do a btech or an access course 😭.

Thank you so much.

Awful advice. I studied law in the U.K.
Law in the U.K has many branches you can explore within. My personal advice would be if you want to do law, make sure you choose where you want to specialize. Many black people i personally know whom are succesful and many people who are not. This depends on you and how much you want a career within law. I personally dropped law and do work somewhere else. Nursing doesnt have any relevancy to law.. this comes down to you and only you. If you have any further questions im happy to help. BTEC is an easy way to progress to study law in university.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending