The Student Room Group

Major FOMO! Leavers ball and uni.

i can’t help but feel jealous. I had my whole high school teenage fantasy planned out. Spoiler alert, life doesn’t always go to plan.

My school years leavers ball was yesterday and now everyone is posting the pictures. They all look stunning! I just always pictured myself going. I even bought my dress 2 years in advance (which i still love) because I was so excited. But I didn’t get to go.

It’s MY fault. I left school a year earlier to go uni and then applied for a year abroad. Long story short i’ve moved to Canada and my plane ticket was before the ball. I missed this whole year of high school parties and my friends getting their first relationships.

I’m so grateful for the opportunity to go aboard, don’t get me wrong. But i also couldn’t have done everything a year later. There wasn’t really a reason for me to leave early and all I did the last year was regret it because i was so miserable and missed everyone so much.

Now, a quarter of my year are going to the same uni as me. I’m kicking myself. I didn’t have anyone when i moved there and now they all have each other. It just makes me angry. I know I can’t have everything.
Tons of people didn’t get their ball last year or their grad🤭
Have fun in 🇨🇦
“Don’t cry over spilt milk” as they say. You’re a year ahead of everyone. And most of the time pictures don’t tell the full story.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending