The Student Room Group

MSc in accounting and finance/ ICAEW

I’m an ACCA affiliate, planning to purse MSC in accounting and finance in UK. Any good university suggestions please. And having ACCA and MSc in accounting will open doors to corporate world in UK?

I’m also planning to use mutual recognition agreement between ACCA and ICAEW and get 12 papers exemption for ICAEW.

Does international students find it difficult to get a job in UK??

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
the Msc won't make much if any difference to your employment prospects in the UK for accounting jobs - especially if you studied your first degree in English. If you need it to get a 2 year working visa thats a different matter. Previous work experience is the most important thing for most jobs.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
the Msc won't make much if any difference to your employment prospects in the UK for accounting jobs - especially if you studied your first degree in English. If you need it to get a 2 year working visa thats a different matter. Previous work experience is the most important thing for most jobs.

Well pursuing MSc is the only way I can get tier 2 visa. I have experience of 1 year in two different fields but not the one I want to work in.
Reply 3
Original post by Cshetty
Well pursuing MSc is the only way I can get tier 2 visa. I have experience of 1 year in two different fields but not the one I want to work in.

Since you are exam qualified, is there a way for you to get more experience before doing the masters degree? What types of jobs are you aiming for?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Since you are exam qualified, is there a way for you to get more experience before doing the masters degree? What types of jobs are you aiming for?

I worked at a chain of super markets as a book keeper for 6 months and another 6 months as a cashier at a startup business (food and bev).

I’m mostly looking for audit jobs. I love to purse that field as a career, especially as a external auditor. It is difficult for me to find a job In India as I’m a holder of ACCA. Even if I manage to get a job i have to work at a Indian firms/public accounting who would pay so low that you can’t even afford to pay your rent. And considering that I have done ACCA, it makes more sense to work at a firm which follows their relevant standards.

And I’m planning for sep 22 intake. Though I have an year, visa process and the rest takes good amount of time and there are other activities that I have to do before I move to UK.
So considering that I can work for a 4-5months ( another reason why firms wouldn’t hire?! )

I have a job offer at EY GDS right now. Any comments on EY GDS? the reviews I read are bad and the job role is so boring it’s just control related and again it’s something not that I want. But the best chance for me in this short time is that I suppose? I mean EY gets added to my Resume.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Cshetty
I worked at a chain of super markets as a book keeper for 6 months and another 6 months as a cashier at a startup business (food and bev).

I’m mostly looking for audit jobs. I love to purse that field as a career, especially as a external auditor. It is difficult for me to find a job In India as I’m a holder of ACCA. Even if I manage to get a job i have to work at a Indian firms/public accounting who would pay so low that you can’t even afford to pay your rent. And considering that I have done ACCA, it makes more sense to work at a firm which follows their relevant standards.

And I’m planning for sep 22 intake. Though I have an year, visa process and the rest takes good amount of time and there are other activities that I have to do before I move to UK.
So considering that I can work for a 4-5months ( another reason why firms wouldn’t hire?! )

I have a job offer at EY GDS right now. Any comments on EY GDS? the reviews I read are bad and the job role is so boring it’s just control related and again it’s something not that I want. But the best chance for me in this short time is that I suppose? I mean EY gets added to my Resume.

Hey, you are building some good skills. Cant you start with EY and have a years experience there? Or wait an extra year and have 2? I suspect its good experience and would be valued.

The difficulty everyone has is that the new visa rules are very new and not really understood - no-one is sure how it will pan out. Certainly there are firms and companies who will offer visa sponsorship but thats a risky route to take. Having a period of 2 years without needing a visa might be a very valuable thing - no-one can really verify that through experience yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending