The Student Room Group

Art Portfolio Help

My sister wants to be an interior designer (but did not take art for GCSE)

She had applied to college in July, but when she went into school to collect her GCSE results, one of the teachers suggested she would be better suited to Sixth Form.

So, with the help from the school, my sister applied to Sixth Form. With interior designing in mind, one of the subjects she chose was Art and Design. This was encouraged by the school.

Fast forward to Monday (2 days ago), my sister received an email saying that she will not be able to do one of her chosen subjects. (Enrolment is next Thursday and they start the following Monday).

Today, she went into school with our mum to have a meeting to discuss Sixth Form and has now been told she has a week to come up with an art portfolio to submit next week.

I have no idea where to start or even look for ideas on how to help her create a portfolio. I did art for GCSEs, but unfortunately never collected my portfolio (this was 6 years ago now).

Can someone please give us some ideas or point us in the direction to even get a little bit of a portfolio please?

All help will be greatly appreciated 🙏
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ElliePer
My sister wants to be an interior designer (but did not take art for GCSE)

She had applied to college in July, but when she went into school to collect her GCSE results, one of the teachers suggested she would be better suited to Sixth Form.

So, with the help from the school, my sister applied to Sixth Form. With interior designing in mind, one of the subjects she chose was Art and Design. This was encouraged by the school.

Fast forward to Monday (2 days ago), my sister received an email saying that she will not be able to do one of her chosen subjects. (Enrolment is next Thursday and they start the following Monday).

Today, she went into school with our mum to have a meeting to discuss Sixth Form and has now been told she has a week to come up with an art portfolio to submit next week.

I have no idea where to start or even look for ideas on how to help her create a portfolio. I did art for GCSEs, but unfortunately never collected my portfolio (this was 6 years ago now).

Can someone please give us some ideas or point us in the direction to even get a little bit of a portfolio please?

All help will be greatly appreciated 🙏

I would have expected some sort of guidance as to what they expect!

I googled and found:

Exemplar GCSE work ... https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/554125-portfolio.pdf

Is this a school where she took GCSEs
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
I would have expected some sort of guidance as to what they expect!

I googled and found:

Exemplar GCSE work ... https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/554125-portfolio.pdf

Is this a school where she took GCSE

That is fabulous thank you so much for this!

Yes, this is the school where she took her GCSEs. She’s been there since year 7. I too would have expected them to give some form of guidance!
Original post by ElliePer
That is fabulous thank you so much for this!

Yes, this is the school where she took her GCSEs. She’s been there since year 7. I too would have expected them to give some form of guidance!

There's probably more - I just googled GCSE Art portfolio. I'm sure that any drawing she has done could be included - I'll tag @CoolCavy - she's our resident expert :smile:
1 week asking her to do art portfolio is quite short notice but it isn't impossible. I hope she will get accepted in the course she wanted and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest