The Student Room Group

I hate my grad job. Does would it look bad if I start applying for grad roles now?

So I hate my job. I just started a grad role in a bank, and I feel absolutely useless. The team is all male, and I feel like I'm there to just exist. They speak over me all the time. The only time I get to finish my point is during team meetings when the head of the department is present. Otherwise, they always speak over me. Also, as a new grad, I have some internship experience, but not much.

When I started this role, I joined with another individual who has at least 1-year of experience from a big finance firm. So because of that, he was obviously much faster than I at the beginning, but I have taken time to learn how to be more efficient within my job. Irrespective of this, my team take him to client meetings, ask him to do more work, and praise him, yet I also try to do the work and I get nothing. I sometimes work 12+ hours just so I can show management the work I have done for them, but during presentations, they will spend 45mins speaking with the other individual and no more than 10 on my work.

It's' so undermining because I am in the role to learn, but I feel like nobody takes me seriously. I am only still there because they are paying for my professional qualification, then I will leave.

My question is; would it look bad if I start applying for grad roles now (for July 2022 intake), if I have only been in my grad role for 3 months?
Have you ever asked to speak to your supervising manager about how you feel? Giving up when things could work out if people were actually aware of the situation seems a bit rash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending